Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what you guys think about carbon fibre helmets.What do you know about them,any experience with them?
Apparently they are very light,very strong,because of the weave less likely to be punctured.They are not as expensive as I thought.I am looking for a lighter and quieter helmet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes carbon fiber is strong it is light rx8 Mazda driveshafts are made of carbon fiber. I wouldn't sacrifice safety for a lighter helmet. They are not easy to crack but with enough impact carbon fiber will shatter. I'm a nurse in surgery trust me it happens.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All depends on what you wanna spend I guess. I have a scorpion Exo 1000 I love it but its also my first helmet. If I wanted to spend a lot of money on a helmet I would go with a shark or arai. Fact of the matter is in my line of WORK LOL if what ever happens to you bad on the road... Whatever gets through any helmet your wearing gets THROUGH IT your probably never going to ride again or wanna ride again safety wise. Comfort wise. If you wanna spend over 600 go with an arai or shark but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Exo 1000 is a 500 dollar helmet but got on close out for 130 bucks bc the new Exo 500 took its place. I like it it's not to heavy 3lbs I think. It has inflatable cheek pads. And flip down inner sun visor the 500 has the same I think depending on graphics the 500 goes for around 230. Plenty of venting. I love arai to they are very comfortable but for price I can't tell a difference really for 400 more bucks. They may be more quiet though didnt get to test that out in the store lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.