Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ninja 250, 2007. I recently got home and used the engine kill switch to turn the bike off still in gear (first or seconds believe) now I can't get the bike started. I can get it into and out of neutral by shifting it or moving it forward but can't get it started or the neutral light on which was working just fine before. The bike has power and I haven't had any other problems before. But being a new rider I'm kinda lost as to what I'm doing wrong. Please help

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Sometimes I forget to put my sidestand up n then go WTF......LOL

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Or ferget i'm in first n not pull the clutch lever in n then go....WTF...

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Or ferget to turn the key to on...n...then go...WTF....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Then i get er all figuredeededed out n it goes.....Zoom...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bet yaaaaaa'll thought it was gunna go....WTF...

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Gee....Hope this post didn't piss no one off...... WTF

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have tried starting it off the stand and clutch in. No luck.
Usually, you want to look at all the safety switches when you have "no start" issues.
How often do you use the kill switch? Does it have a definitive click when using it?
Is the bike stored outside?
Have you opened up the housing and looked inside at the kill switch? Sometimes a corroded or dirty switch can cause your problem.

Troubleshooting Guide

Motorcycle Battery & Battery Charging Tips

Kawasaki service manual and owner's manual

·
Registered
22 Posts
resurrecting. My 650R is about a month old now and I'm getting comfortable with it.

This happens to me every so often and frustrating. If I stall the bike (not very often) or sometimes when starting it cold, it just will not find Neutral and the neutral light won't come on....and of course the bike will only start in neutral.

So I can spend five minutes (seems like forever) turning off the ignition, putting down the kick stand, pulling it back up, trying to shift from N to 1, back to N, trying to start. Finally after a number of tries the N light decides to come on and I have an easy start. I think it's something wrong with the bike but if I bring it in (under warranty) what are the chances they can reproduce the issue? Exactly. >:-/

·
Registered
674 Posts
If the trans stops spinning completely you won't be able to shift - like if you are stopped with the clutch in for a few seconds then want to shift down - it won't usually do it.

In that case you need to ease the clutch out slightly (until you hear a click or it moves forward), then back in, then shift it.

Try that next time and let us know.

If the clutch is out of adjustment it could also cause an issue like that. Check the free-play at the lever, and close it up if it's not where it should be. Cables stretch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.