Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
My neighbor, the sidecar enthusiast, tried one a few years back. Cruising' on the freeway, was nice.

But he thought trying to hustle one around town, was just too much of a workout. (And that was compared to his vintage BMW with a Steib attached.)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
See them all over the place now, and I also see plenty used ones for sale. I think they're a little pricey, no idea about the performance though. They remind me too much of the Urkel car so I've really paid no attention to them.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I echo those thoughts! A brilliant cinematography prop, but for the real world, just silly. If you don't want to lean, get yourself a convertible and be comfortable.... If you DO want to lean, get a proper bike... The only real application I've been presented with concerning them is for disabled people to be able to get a somewhat moto experience... In which case, I think their awesome!

But I wouldn't ride one, I'd rather have a side-hack on an old BMW.... :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
They would handle very similar to jetski. All of the cornering forces would be transfered to the rider and want to push the rider to the outside of the turn. Would be no good for spirited canyon riding!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
More like a snowmobile in corners than a jetski. Remember, one of the main companies in the Can-Am consortium is Bombardier and they have been making snowmobiles in Canada since the last ice age. It even looks like a snowmobile. :facepalm:

Zandit's right on the money about the cornering forces on the rider. From a friend of mine who had one for a year (replaced his Concours, then very quickly replaced the Spyder with a Motto Guzzi Adv bike) it takes a lot of adjustment to get used to the cornering forces and he was always worried his wife would try to lean with it and get thrown off in the corners.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Funny true story about that same guy: We rode him hard when he bought that and always gave him a hard time for riding such a goofy machine. At work he even parked it in the designated MC parking area even though it is as big as a small car and took up a ton of precious space. One day we went out for a group ride and stopped an hour away at a little fish 'n' chip place. The pretty girl working the take out window noticed the Spyder parked out front and said "Wow! Look at that! Who's is that?" So of course he jumps up and proudly exclaims the Spyder is his machine. Then, as innocent and sincere as can be, she says..."That looks really neat. Did you, like, build it yourself, from an old snowmobile or something?" Ow. Good luck living that down!:dance:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not really into the three-wheeled roadsters at all. Was more or less curious if others had ever ridden one. I would love to try one though. Very doubtful I'd ever buy one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.