Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
Im from Melbourne Australia and got my bike through a dealer and they signed me up full comprehensive insurance with SWANN INSURANCE. Im paying $900 a year for the insurance but there is no helmet cover.

I want to know...
- who are you with,
- why youre with them,
- their insurance benefits
- price
etcccc

cheers guys, i might change my insurance based on your opinions

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I've got swann insurance on both our bikes, cbr125 is about $300 per year, and the ninja was a bit more than than that, can't remember exactly. Full coverage, gear covered for $3000 on each bike.
Might depend on how old you are, we have both never lost our license, are both over thirty, but we are both learners too, so go figure!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Felix said:
Few mobs, I've been with Suncorp (expensive).
I'd recommend ebike.com or insuremyride.com
Do an online quote and see.
Felix
thanks mate, just did a quote, I chose market value as $7000 and for the 250R ninja comprehensive is $1200, but for the Ninja 250R it is only $870.

What exactly is the bike model? 250R Ninja or Ninja 250R ?

zandit said:
I've got swann insurance on both our bikes, cbr125 is about $300 per year, and the ninja was a bit more than than that, can't remember exactly. Full coverage, gear covered for $3000 on each bike.
Might depend on how old you are, we have both never lost our license, are both over thirty, but we are both learners too, so go figure!
I geuss you are right. It would depend on age and other factors such as you've got combined insurance policies with Swann Insurance

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
No actually they are separate policy's, we didn't buy the bikes together!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm with RACV and mine costs $472 full comprehensive. That's for market value and it doesn't include gear.

Edit: Woohoo 100 posts :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didn't ask about gear because my main concern was insuring it against theft or damage while it was parked at work. With the weather getting better I'll be riding to work more often and I didn't want to leave it in the carpark for 8+ hours without any insurance. The carpark has surveillance cameras but you can't be too careful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I only took up third party. My quotes worked out to be 1400 with insuremyride
Even though i work with suncorp and get a 25% discount it is still not worth taking up. Imo anyway. Nrma seems to be the cheapest for me about $800

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.