Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orry if this is posted in the wrong thread, wasnt sure where to put it.

This weekend im out bike shopping for a ZX6r.
The ones ive got lined up all age from 2005 to 2008, with no major differences between them.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to look for, whats the best to go for, etc...

Im pretty confident with bikes, but know very little about the ZX6r so any information would be good to know!

Cheers all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
webdude75 said:
Orry if this is posted in the wrong thread, wasnt sure where to put it.

This weekend im out bike shopping for a ZX6r.
The ones ive got lined up all age from 2005 to 2008, with no major differences between them.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to look for, whats the best to go for, etc...

Im pretty confident with bikes, but know very little about the ZX6r so any information would be good to know!

Cheers all
Try not to get an underseat exhaust model they are a good bike but suffer from lack of midrange ,check for service history ,check tyre make sure it's not got flat spots from burnouts ,check chain and sprocket conditions etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Me personally, I like the 2009 and newer models for the side exhaust and the look. Make sure I you are buying an older bike to check the miles, check the oil as well to be sure the oil has been changed, make sure you check the chain for any type of stretching or deformities. When you test drive it don't just take it around the block and back make sure you get a good ride on it. A buddy o mine bought a bike after only driven it a short distance for the test drive and then on the long ride home it just quit on him and he had to spend a lot to fix it. Just make sure if your buying the bike that you dot have to spend a ton of money to get it working right because of something you over looked. If the price seems too good something might be wrong so look. If it has a TON of miles don't just believe them that the bike was made to last forever. Go for as low miles as you can and the one that requires less maintenance besides scheduled maintenance. Don't worry about the color of the bikes cause you can always change that later on and upgrade the performance as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your information guys.
The models ive been looking at all have the underseat exhaust (i love how it looks!) but now youve mentioned about the power it has, i might take another look at that.
With the underseat exhaust, how are they to replace/upgrade?

Thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
webdude75 said:
Thanks for all your information guys.
The models ive been looking at all have the underseat exhaust (i love how it looks!) but now youve mentioned about the power it has, i might take another look at that.
With the underseat exhaust, how are they to replace/upgrade?

Thanks again
It's only a dip in mid range but you can sort that with a power commander and exhaust and remove a tooth off the front sprocket,they are easy to replace plenty of options for which exhaust you can replace it with !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a bike. Had a few lined up to see and bought the one i saw first.
Pictures will follow, but its a 2006 zx6r and the guy seems to have looked after it really well.
When we negotiated a price and shook hands, he had a few minutes with the bike and cried... Wasnt expecting that, but reassured me with my purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NDog65 said:
Is it a ZX6R or ZX6RR? I just got an 06 ZX6R and haven't ridden it yet. I was wondering how it handles.

Edit: Disregard my first question, i now see that it is the ZX6R.
It handles great. Was very cautious at first as i wasnt sure if i'd have control of the bike, or the bike would have control of me.
But compared to other bikes that ive ridden, and considering its a sports bike, its a very easy bike to pick up and ride. I felt in control from the start.

The only thing i have noticed is that it doesnt want to go slow ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
The bike looks great! Now you can make her look even better soon. If you want looks you an buy custom graphic fairings easily for that year. My 2012 is a B***h to find custom fairings for lol. Probably gonna have to wrap mine for now. 😜
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Chancelor said:
The bike looks great! Now you can make her look even better soon. If you want looks you an buy custom graphic fairings easily for that year. My 2012 is a B***h to find custom fairings for lol. Probably gonna have to wrap mine for now. dde1c
Thanks... Although ive just had my first accident on it already!

Popped into a bar earlier, came out to find 2 guys hovering over the bike trying to pick it up and it laid on its side.
I was fuming, ran over and got the bike up. Fortunately theres only a couple of little scratches on the engine cover and a few in the clutch handle end... Very lucky, but very gutted. The 2 guys didnt know a word of english, so i dont know if they was messing with the bike, or i didnt put it on the stand properly (which seems unlikely as i was say with it for a few minutes before getting off)

2 days and the bikes already got scratches! :( hopefully i can get it nice again tomorrow (and maybe buy a new engine cover)

Just added a photo... Fortunately, thats all the damage there is!!
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top