Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all; I am getting paid next Friday and I decided to drop around 200~ *less if possible* on a helmet camera, top mounted, side mounted, inside mounted (can't restrict my vision!) or anything else they sell.

I know very little about camcorders in general so I am starting to research on my own about megapixel qualities, resolutions, contrast ratios, and HD. I definitely would love to be able to upload this stuff to facebook and youtube, and something that is easy to slap on and take off to throw in a backpack. If anyone already vlogs or has a helmet camera let me know what you think of yours.

Provide any info/links/pricing you can! I am real excited about this whole ordeal, I am taking a ride up to my friends school on the tip of Maine by the beach in three weeks and staying for a couple days, so I want something that I can have loads of clips with along the ride, assuming the battery life wouldn't be able to handle the entire 4-5 ~ hr drive.

Thanks guize.

EDIT* Almost forgot, I also need a good backpack.. do they make ones dedicated for motorcycles in their comfort/lightweight etc.? I will go check but let me know if you've done any long rides with one and want to suggest. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome back Blackout, could to see we didn't scare you away!!!
There are plenty of cameras available, checkout the "found" section and the "video" section too, there are a few threads in there for ya!!

As for a backpack, again, there are plenty available. Delta's B/P looks to be the only motorcycle designed pack I've seen with really good shoulder support. The one I use has a good elastic waist belt/clip, and there is another further up on my chest which really holds everything snug.

Have fun finding them!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yeah, thats the one Delta has!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Hey that's my back pack! lol I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Make sure you get it in Yellow and not orange. I have seen a few people with the orange and you don't get the pop effect as the yellow.

As for cameras I dont have one. lol

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
depending on what you want and how long you want to record and quality.... the better the picture the more space required for the same amount of time.... I know... a no duh comment...

Try cycle gear... the GOPRO looks good to me, and it is an SD card so it looks like you can upgrade the recordable memory as much as you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts