Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share some images from yesterdays track day in Buttonwillow California. There were eight or nine 250's there. Needless to say it was a blast :) I went with a few of my friends from the Kawiforums. The weather was perfect (a sunny 68) and the track conditions were ideal. Anyway, on the pictures! I'm in the white btw ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BADASS Beast... You wanna give me some riding lessons?
Colorado is a little far no? ;D

What kind of tires are u running?
The stock BT45's. Haven't been disappointed by them yet :) Rock solid given the time to heat up. I wouldn't be taken corners like that on my first lap haha. I do want to upgrade to the BT016's to try at some point, but my silly A-Tech tire hugger was built only for the stock tire width.

·
Registered
633 Posts
nice! awesome riding man! yes finally somebody that beats the 250R right! all you other 250 owers need to do that! ride like that! only other person i know that does and know because posted pics is spooph! hey take a pic of your tire thread i so wanna see that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whoa.. i didnt know the stocks can handle it. good to know! dont get rid of your tire hugger it looks clean!
Yeah they can! I'm not sure about those alternate Dunlops that come on some of the bikes. I hear they aren't that great, but I have no personal experience with them to validate that claim.

hey take a pic of your tire thread i so wanna see that!
This is what the tread looked like last week when I went to the track on 10/31. Not much has changed since then.

I won't be going that low though....lol....cheers
With a user name of "Practical_Rider" that's easy to assume :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
on all track days you have to remove your mirrors and tape up all your lights to not confuse anybody and so they dont get hit by rocks and crack or if you do down pices wont be flying all over the place its for saftey pertty much iv been reading alot about track days some track places will lend you free leathers if you dont have any just bring your boots helmet and gloves you can even rent a bike 15 min sessions is about the time free lessons on how tos and from what i read in the first sentence is its the best and safest place you can learn how to ride and build a better relationship with your bike, you will learn alot on just one track day! have you not seen track days for cars they do the same with their lights sometimes even body work so rocks wont chip their paint!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts