Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding slow on my back road with my visor up and got a bug right in the inner corner of my eye, just like a bug eyedrop, son of a be-otch !!!

It was a kamikaze mosquito, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr splat !!! Right in the eye. Very accurate.

Beware...........................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delta107 said:
ugh that sucks! at least it wasn't in the mouth.
I think it would have been better in the mouth than the eye.

I had to stop, put the bike in neutral, take off my glove, and dig it out of my eye. The other way, I could have just chewed him up and swallowed, yummy.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
MadMax said:
I think it would have been better in the mouth than the eye.

I had to stop, put the bike in neutral, take off my glove, and dig it out of my eye. The other way, I could have just chewed him up and swallowed, yummy.
That's Just nasty!!
You make it sound like you eat bugs for snacks.lol jk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delta107 said:
That's Just nasty!!
You make it sound like you eat bugs for snacks.lol jk
No. Ok Delta, pick one: bug in the eye or bug in the mouth. Choose, Saw 6, you have 5 seconds.

If eye, you never see it coming and you never get a chance to blink before it's in there. That's what happened to me.

If mouth, you get to either eat it or take your helmet off and spit it out.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was 87 degrees hot and humid yesterday, I was only going 20mph on a backstreet, visor up to let some air in. The 600 gets very hot, engine temp at 217-223 when sitting still idling, like sitting on a furnace, when riding fast it'll drop to 180 F degrees.

I carry a clear shield tucked into my jacket, wrapped around my left ribcage.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Its mandatory that you have eye protection at all times here, they will catch your ass and fine the living shit out of you if you dont. Now with a helmet on and you needing to vent the extra heat I can understand, but your bad luck needs to be checked out bro lol.

At least you still have that SICK CBR!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is why I have a visor that is always down.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Crispy said:
This is why I have a visor that is always down.
That's why I like the scorpion Helmets you can change the shields really fast. So always have a clear one with you. Just change the shield when it gets to dark to see.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Max, I'd agree, in the mouth, mucho bettero. Free protein...

This is also a big reason why I never felt the need to get contacts... My life just has too many tiny things that can injure my eyes flying around all the time... SO glasses it stays, all scratched and banged up - no tape though...

I remember one time driving unexpectedly through a cloud of mosquitoes at dusk with my visor up but my glasses on and wondering what all the little bits stuck to them were, all of a sudden... Them, from a few survivors buzzing around a few of the dead air space in the helmet I realize, mmm, bugs. So I sped up and shook my head side to side to get all the buzzing ones out, and when I got to my destination, washed my face, glasses, helmet and such. I tell ya, a thousand mosquitoes in your face smell kinda funky...

Good advice/testimony Max...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts