Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thrilled when I finally got this. I sell these but I still made the mod. I have the only one in North America right now but that will change.

Like I said these are available for purchase. But I would like to test it for a month before hand. It comes pre loaded with two maps. Map one is the standard map and map 2 is supposedly for a more massage engine. However I have been told map one is the best by far no matter what has been done to your bike. The BRT TIS lets you set your own rev limiter (14000 is the maximum reccommended since the stock valve train is rated to 14500). With this you acceleration will improve as well as your top end speed. Overall power gains are sown to be only about 1.5HP but this device which replaces your CDI is really meant to get you more out of the HP you already have ie by increasing top end speed and acceleration. Although a few extra ponies never hurt The TIS comes with a hand control unit to switch between maps if you want and also comes with a programmer for you to play around with. I will have it installed tonight and get some video on it. No road testing for a little while though cause my bike is a little naked right now. Movies to be added in a few not the best quality nor detailed cause I was in a hurry. I apologize for the sarcasm and the bad explanation I will have a better vid next week.

I'm running map one on my tis and I advanced the timing in some spots. Nw I have to add a little bit of octane booster to every tank. ::) Best part about BRT being programable is if I ever get tired of buy octane booster I can just switch my map back to its original settings and run 91 octane again. The TIS is only for carb equipped bikes.

Sportisimoto-usa.com BRT TIS Ignition upgrade

·
Registered
277 Posts
+1 Video removed by user.

I gotta say, I think you're gonna be a bit biased as to what your findings are with the bike though, seeing as you're a vendor for them. You should send out a product for Spooph to put on his bike and have him do a full write-up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darkhorse or Racer X as I know him already has plans on getting one when he does he will be the top 250 hands down in tems of speed. I'm redoing the video because the one I had was not very good. You can call me biased thats fine but for what it is worth that was an honest assessment on my part. If it wasn't any good I wouldn't think of selling them.

Side Note:
Anyone within the sacramento,ca area who is a member can come over and I will throw it on their bike and let them go to town for a few hours with it to assess it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok so question, I'll give the scenario first, I've made a $36 dollar muffler like the one on this forum and it has the loss of power at the 8k-10k rpm range, with this would I be able to return the power to that range?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Map 1 may fix it out right. But if you play with the timing then you can address your problem. Advancing the ignition in that range should help since usually the motor is running rich in that range to begin with. Not sure how many degrees though I would do 1 to start. A tuning session on the dyno would be best to find out the best combo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this is not a power commander and not for FI bikes. Carb bikes only and only thing like it available in the United states. Well atleast until I bring over the other model of it by a different company which cost a little more. The Price on the BRT may go down slightly if there is more interest in it out there. This cost less than a full exhaust and gives you more umph than a full system would give you.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
joeRWMN said:
My mechanical skill level is somewhere below hobbyist, but still above retard. Thanks a bunch guys.
LMAO!

Anyways I understand it programs the ECU in the bike and chage the rev limit and stuff like that! So basically a power commander but for a Carburetor bike???

Take my answer with a grain of salt I could be talking out of my ass!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.