Safer rides are possible with proper gear. Aftermarket manufacturers work day and night designing, producing, and testing new systems called to reduce the risk of sustaining a major injury in case of a crash. The new Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 airbag vest can not only do that and provide up to 95% reduction of impact force compared to passive protection, but it can also protect the stationary rider that has been rear-ended.
This advanced airbag system is self-contained and doesn’t require a tether. The airbag is deployed when an electronic module sends the signal to the air canisters. The system uses data from 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes that can detect a dangerous situation. When connected to a smartphone, the system is updated becoming even smarter and safer over time.
Alpinestars® - Tech-Air 5 System Airbag Vest
• Autonomous airbag system with 6 integrated sensors
• Compatible with any motorcycle jacket
• Ensures outstanding upper body protection
• Inflation time: 20-40 ms
• Provides 95% decrease of impact force
• Covers shoulders, chest, ribs, and back
• Crash-detection algorithm is constantly improving
• Bluetooth connectivity to the Tech-Air app allows for firmware updates
• Gets active when zipped and the magnetic flap is closed
• LED display indicates operational status
• Rechargeable Li-ion battery provides 30 hours of riding time
• Magnetic micro USB charger included
Click the image to enter the product page for more information.
If you would like to browse the full catalog of Alpinestars products at MOTORCYCLEiD.com, press the "Shop Now" button below:
Feel free to contact us here if you have any questions, or you can call our specialists at 888.903.4344