Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I can get an aftermarket rear brake rotor because OEM is way too much. I haven't asked my dealer for their price, but bikebandit was $189.00 for the stock one. Way rediculous. Cinders are a bitch. I think some got caught up in my rear pads, cuz grooves are worn in my rotor (there is still padding left but the grooves are there). But anything would be better than 189.00 though.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i know its obvious...but have you tried looking on ebay?/just google searching it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found one on ebay for $40.00 plus shipping. But it says nothing about how worn the rotor is. It just says it came off a running 2008 ninja 250 nd to click the link below it to view the bike in full running condition with working blinkers nd lights. haha wtf do I care if the blinkers work or if the motor starts. My bike works great, but the rotor is shot! people are f*ckin stupid. this is why I dont trust ebay. My friend bought alot of stuff for his quad nd more often then not he got screwed where he had to fix the part cuz it was broken.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's grooves in the rotor which means it will only be a matter of time before the new pads would get eaten up.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Have you thought about taking it to a machine shop and having it turned for like $30? If the grooves aren't too deep, you won't have any problem... If you have a factory manual, you can check and see what the minimum diameter of the rotor should be, and measure one of the grooves, and see if you're still in tolerance...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Service limit is 4.5 mm.A little grooves wont do any harm.A new pads will bed in quite quick.

Grooves = more friction area.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
eric how u keep up with been a member in two different sites man? i guess u really get around knowing your bike like this huh?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
eric is extremely knowledgeable isnt he!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
This may sound dumb but why not just let it go ? dose the brake squeak ? is there any problem with the braking performance.

I know it may look bad but for 50 bucks I would live with it .

Don't machine the rotor . it may warp if it is to thin .

·
Registered
331 Posts
darkhorse said:
This may sound dumb but why not just let it go ? dose the brake squeak ? is there any problem with the braking performance.

I know it may look bad but for 50 bucks I would live with it .

Don't machine the rotor . it may warp if it is to thin
My thought

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The pads are kinda low, but not low enough to groove the rotor. Like I said probly cinders, cuz the brake doesn't squeal or grind at all. Should I just pick up new pads? Cuz I'm not gonna let some dealership rape me with a $200+ rotor. I'd rather not use the rear brakes.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If it is just a grove around the rotor . Just replace the pads. The pad will seat into the grove and not cause a problem . In the mean time keep your eyes open for a rear rotor on E Bay.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow,a rotor 200+$.I called Thai Kawasaki and ask for price.It's only 855 Baht = 27 US$.So if I mail one to you and say pay another 27$ for mailing and you pay 100% tax FOB(on which I doubt).It will only cost you 108 US$.Wanna try?Let me know.Happy to do that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts