Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Before making my first post and asking a newbie question allow me to introduce myself. I'm a newbie here and to road riding. At 43 years old, living in Orlando, I just got my first road bike, its a 2010 Ninja 250.

Once I get the mods complete I will post up my pictures. My first mod is going to be a hotbodies Undertail.

My question/concern is that from what I can see the brake light is covered with a smoked lens.

How much does this smoked lens impact visibility both during the day and night.

Thanks in advance.....
Ziggy

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome Ziggy. You don't have to get the undertail that has the smoked tint. you can get it w/o. There are a few videos on youtube that will show you exactly what you are looking for. Search this site, if you search for something I think the thread is called "let's see those tails" or something like that, you'll find video too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi All,

Before making my first post and asking a newbie question allow me to introduce myself. I'm a newbie here and to road riding. At 43 years old, living in Orlando, I just got my first road bike, its a 2010 Ninja 250.

Once I get the mods complete I will post up my pictures. My first mod is going to be a hotbodies Undertail.

My question/concern is that from what I can see the brake light is covered with a smoked lens.

How much does this smoked lens impact visibility both during the day and night.

Thanks in advance.....
Ziggy
Welcome aboard.
Check this video. The smoked lens is really dark in the day.
YouTube - 2010 Ninja 250r Hotbodies Undertail
YouTube - 2010 Ninja 250r Hotbodies Undertail 2

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The retailer I went to said hotbodies only makes the smoked lens for 2010 Ninja 250. I have an email into hotbodies now to confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the response I received from hotbodies:

2008-2010 Ninja 250R Undertail by Hotbodies Racing

The photo of the first blue bike is the undertail without the smoke cover. The bottom photos are of the smoked undertail. Part number for that color is 50802-1110, if you do not want to block your tail light then I would suggest painted blue or black undertail. Currently I am out of stock on both the colors. It will be about 2-3 weeks before we get some more in from paint. Thanks for the inquiry!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome Ziggy. You don't have to get the undertail that has the smoked tint. you can get it w/o. There are a few videos on youtube that will show you exactly what you are looking for. Search this site, if you search for something I think the thread is called "let's see those tails" or something like that, you'll find video too.
It's "http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/lets-see-those-rears-5760.html#post146751[url]http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/lets-see-those-rears-5760.html#post146751[/URL] " ... I should know, I started it! :p

I'm glad you started this thread. This is the EXACT same concern I've been having with the smoked undertail. From what I can tell, the smoked one is also painted black, but $100 less than the "black" version.... I can't figure why that is... :confused::confused:

My solution was to still buy the smoked version (to save the $100) and also an LED integrated tail light and install them at the same time. That way I'd have a brighter tail light.... then I wanted to do the same thing Flix did and mount a few red LED strips down the backside and have the middle strip act as a running light while the outside two come on with the brake light. Is this idea feasible??
?????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.