Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2010 Ninja with right at 1500 miles. The owner's manual recommends changing the brake fluid at the earlier of 15k miles or two years. The brake fluid is at the "max" lines on both front and rear. Given the low mileage and amount of fluid still left, is it necessary, or still recommended, to change the fluid just because I'm at the two year mark?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Ferreus said:
I recently bought a 2010 Ninja with right at 1500 miles. The owner's manual recommends changing the brake fluid at the earlier of 15k miles or two years. The brake fluid is at the "max" lines on both front and rear. Given the low mileage and amount of fluid still left, is it necessary, or still recommended, to change the fluid just because I'm at the two year mark?
It won't hurt to do it !

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is it perfectly clear? If so, you could wait. If not, change it out. When it's new and clean, brake fluid will be perfectly clear. As it ages and picks-up contaminants it will darken.

The best way to change the fluid is to use a bleeder or MightyVac on the calipers. Drain the master cylinder first and replace with fresh fluid. Then use the vac to pull the flesh fluid through the lines and into the caliper - basically bleeding the brakes.

If there is any question, just do it.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.