Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I realize this is not a huge modification. However I do want to share this cool and useful product I found.
These socks will protect your brake fluid and your reservoirs from deterioration cause by UV light. Unlike a regular wristband, they are the exact size of your front AND rear reservoirs.
They also add a touch of bling to your ride. Check them out in my video
MY MONSTER ENERGY RESERVOIR COVERS ARRIVED

·
Registered
726 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to go, with the $60 immitation carbon fiber cover?? ::)

·
Registered
347 Posts
KURT said:
Why wouldn't you want to go, with the $60 immitation carbon fiber cover?? ::)
Dang it, I was on eBay the other night and I saw one free shipping for 34.99, and as you know the rear reservoir on the 250r and the front reservoir are both oddly shaped and placed, hence why nobody makes a sock for them. I thought it was a pretty good deal.. and this wasn't fake carbon fibre, it said real carbon fibre composite. So ahhh. Maybe I can find the seller.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Looks clean!. lovin the wheels.

socks are cool! I think you can get pazzo emblem ones also.

I am frugal..

I just used a strip of foamy rubber material.. with a hole at each end to thread the screw through.
cost about 10 cents. But if you the Monster or pazzo emblem etc. socks are cool!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have 2 seconds. not perfect but I am picky!! A few tiny dots in the powdercoating but hard to see from far away. Won't show up in the pict.
When my normal Realtor business picks up I might make another batch but not till spring. so If you want I will sell for 50 shipped.

They are black steel. the alum one was a prototype and is mine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
zartan said:
I have 2 seconds. not perfect but I am picky!! A few tiny dots in the powdercoating but hard to see from far away. Won't show up in the pict.
When my normal Realtor business picks up I might make another batch but not till spring. so If you want I will sell for 50 shipped.

They are black steel. the alum one was a prototype and is mine.
Arghhh I am so confused what to do now. I want one, but I was hoping you had a brushed steel piece. Currently I have a "gold SSR" one I paid 40 shipped for, but it isn't as pretty nor does their anodized gold match any other parts on my bike. I will let you know soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zartan said:
I want to learn to silkscreen soooo bad
Not sure if your implying these covers are silk screened or just making a comment.
Either way I mentioned in the video that these covers are NOT silk screen or iron on cheapies....they are stitched on. (Great quality)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My mistake. Didn't have time to watch the entiire vid. But either way I would silkscreen zartan or nninja on mine so I wish I could silkscreen. Not up to one more art media till I clear out my office a bit. Thanks for setting me straight that they are stitched! I said it looks good and I like your wheels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zartan said:
My mistake. Didn't have time to watch the entiire vid. But either way I would silkscreen zartan or nninja on mine so I wish I could silkscreen. Not up to one more art media till I clear out my office a bit. Thanks for setting me straight that they are stitched! I said it looks good and I like your wheels.
Lol...I was only making sure others didn't get the impression they were silk screened. After all the whole point of the video was to give a shout out to the company that makes them, and how good their quality is.
Always watch entire videos before making comments...didnt mother teach you not to judge a book by it's cover....LMAO.
I'm only razzing you ZARTAN.....your idea sounds good but to silk screen woundn't the material have to be thin like a t-shirt. These covers are plush and dont have a flat surface. Something as thin as a t-shirt would probably still be penetrated by the UV rays. Just a thought.
I appreciate you nice comment on my wheels...lol.
Once again thought nothing ill of your comment.....LMAO...
just making sure "silk screening" idea was not confused with this product. Most people hate silk screens as they are USUALLY associated with cheaper quality.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
"Silk Screening is mo betta! I go on cheap and look great...." :p

"No embroidery is mo betta! I look great and am durable...." :p

"Oh really fool?"

"Really!"

silk screen cozy and embroidery cozy dukes it out, and they both fall into the bathtube.....

"stop lookin at me swan..."

oh wait, that was conditioner and shampoo..... oops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts