Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
I've got a couple more tips for riding position from my experience.

Keep you elbows slightly bent, don't ride with your arm's locked out straight.

Use your back strength to keep your bodyweight off the bars.
If you have too much weight through your wrists/hands you cannot work the control's well enough.

Ride with the balls of your feet lightly on the pegs.

One of the biggest and most significant modifications you can do on a bike to help improve riding position is to fit adjustable rearsets !
Bags more "road feel" through rearsets, you can set tyh peg positions higher, lower, forward ort back. And they allow you to move your feet around more easily on the pegs.

I swear by Harris Engineering billet alloy rearsest in the UK :thumb:

Attachments

· Registered
664 Posts
One thing I have noticed every now and then is this:

When I hang off a fair amount (whole cheek off, body and head way over) my inside arm gets too bent and I can't counter steer properly. I think I need to be further back on the bike.

· Registered
664 Posts
This weekend when I install my battery I'm going to move the rearsets back and see if that helps.

I'm also now investigating a seat change. I think it needs to be flatter/shallower and also not as sloped to the front. Just need to find a spare seat, will have to post a WTB me thinks.

I'll also see if I can go for a ride and get some video of my body position. I've found that video of yourself is the best way to get feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.