Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an '09 Blue w/ seat cowl? Mine got delivered on Sunday and the seat cowl wasn't on it (it was in a box and I had to put it together). Today at lunch, I ran up to put the cowl on and it is a slightly lighter shade of blue than the rest of the bike.

Anyone else run into this?

Did Kawasaki make the '09s darker and I got an '08 cowl?

Going to call the dealer later today or maybe tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else had this problem first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Anyone have an '09 Blue w/ seat cowl?

yep, looks like you got the cowl of an '08 (it's a lighter blue). I've seen this on another forum if I recall. I'm gonna get my bike in about 2 months...I hope this won't happened to me.

Jon

I just gave a call to my dealer, I should be ok because he's ordering part from Kawasaki Canada and we didn't have a blue ninja in 2008 up here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm a little surprised because they looked it up at the dealer and saw that the '08 & '09s had different part numbers and they had to order it. So either they screwed up or Kawasaki screwed up when they ordered it.

Looks like I'll be taking it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

hmmm i got an 08 ... this is good to know specially if you every replace a fairing or something...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

After a little searching the colors are definitely different from the '08 to the '09.

I don't know if these are 100% correct, but these are the part numbers I found for the seat cowls for the '08s & '09s.

'08 Candy Plasma Blue -99996-1360-15D

'09 Candy Thunder Blue - 99996-1360-620

I looked on the box that mine came in and it definitely was the '08 Candy Plasma Blue -99996-1360-15D.

·
Registered
267 Posts

yea, all the colors are slightly different. I know the blue is a little darker for '09 and I think the red and black have a little more flake in the paint, while the green is a whole new color scheme...good to know for future reference. hopefully your '09 seat cowl will get in asap because it really cleans up the look of the bike. congrats btw, I know you just got it the other day and I'm jealous.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks, but don't be too jealous. I still can't ride it. Just have to look at it...lol. Still snow here, plus no helmet. Well, my helmet did come in today, but I think its a little too big. Going to ship it back out and get a small.

·
Registered
267 Posts

well that's still better than me at this point...my bike should be in around late march to early april

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thats perfect timing. Shold be warming up around then and you'll be able to ride as soon as you get it. The only reason I got mine this early was to just make sure I got one for this summer.

I think the dealership that I got mine from had 4 or 5 when I bought mine and now they have 1.

·
Registered
267 Posts

yea, that's why I preordered it for that time...it would just kill me to have to see it for months and not be able to ride it. only sitting on it all day long....oh, sorry dopey guess I know how you feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts