Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nebraska lawmakers are considering a bill that would let motorcyclists and bikers run red lights if no other vehicles are around and the stoplight doesn't turn green after two minutes.

• Bill would let motorcyclists and bikers run red lights if no other vehicles are around
  • Would require that motorcyclists wait two minutes before continuing through an intersection
  • Reasoning behind the bill is that vehicles weighing less than 1,000 lbs. don't trigger traffic sensors

Columbus Sen. Paul Schumacher told the Transportation and Telecommunications Committee on Tuesday that the bill is needed because traffic sensors don't always pick up motorcyclists, leaving them waiting at the stop light for too long.

The Nebraska Sheriffs' Association and the city of Lincoln oppose the bill. The Nebraska Sheriffs' Association says the bill would be difficult to enforce.

Lincoln assistant city engineer Randy Hoskins says allowing cyclists to enter the intersection when the traffic light is red is a safety risk. He says he would prefer city workers fix problematic sensors.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
My friend and I were waiting for about 4 minutes,I finally got off the bike and pressed the pedestrian walk button,what a pita

·
Registered
307 Posts
out here our light sensors are IR and you must stop at the stop line to trigger if you are futher back they dont trigger so bikes have no problems .

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
out here our light sensors are IR and you must stop at the stop line to trigger if you are futher back they dont trigger so bikes have no problems .
Think they mite be half n half here n think some are just on a timer.
At times no one is at the light n it cycles like it's ona timer..:whistling::whistling:
Others when i get to it on a bike n just sit a few seconds it will change if no ones coming threw the otherway.....Mite just of hit it right on the timer too tho..:facepalm::facepalm:
Doesn't really matter I guess......Right on red........
N if i don't see a camera no where n it seems to be taking to long n there's absolutely no one in site..... I'll just go....:thumb:
With technology today.....u'd think they could come up with something better.....:thumb::thumb:
Why not have a dancing robot chic cop in a tiny winy red bikini directing traffic at all the lights.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
307 Posts
here the largest city is only 200,000 so not too much traffic. i can go from one side to other in less than 20 min most hours of the day.just going through downtown Calgary Alta takes 2 hours and is just crazy there so i can see that if no other vehicles are at the intersection why wait 2 min.hope they pass it.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
here the largest city is only 200,000 so not too much traffic. i can go from one side to other in less than 20 min most hours of the day.just going through downtown Calgary Alta takes 2 hours and is just crazy there so i can see that if no other vehicles are at the intersection why wait 2 min.hope they pass it.
True... I remember when i was living in the big cities......:facepalm:
It seemed to take 4ever to get across...:facepalm:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
that would be nifty with all of the red light cams giving out tickets these days. i have a traffic light i have to run on almost a daily basis right outside my neighborhood. I'd go ballistic on a cop if they gave me a ticket for running a red light that didn't detect me.. no way i'm leaving my bike out in the middle of the road to press the pedestrian button unless there actually is traffic.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
L1felock said:
.. no way i'm leaving my bike out in the middle of the road to press the pedestrian button unless there actually is traffic.
I second that ... Brave men/women who practice this. I'm sure in safe areas it would be easier to do .... As for the red light bill. I was caught in one of those light ... I think if a motorcyclist waits 2min or more let em go ....at his/her own risk. One can always opt for turning right then redirect from there.

:NefRider:

·
Registered
1 Posts
running in red lights

In some places running in red light is already approved by the law and other states are thinking about it. Nebraska is thinking about a bill that would allow motorcycle drivers to run red lights under certain conditions. Opponents say the move is too great a safety danger. You can read more about the article.
Running Red Lights. Buy here, pay here, car lots for your situation.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
In some places running in red light is already approved by the law and other states are thinking about it. Nebraska is thinking about a bill that would allow motorcycle drivers to run red lights under certain conditions. Opponents say the move is too great a safety danger. You can read more about the article.
Sitting at a red light.......Not a vehicle in site anywhere.....
Sitting-sitting........
Ahhhhh.....Here's ur sign......:whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
ariaswan said:
I ran a red light once - guess what happened, yup a picture of me was taken and sent to my house. :) on my way to fame I guess - poparazzi's everywhere.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Your a star baby! Your name will be in lights, you'll be famous.
I find that if its not a busy intersection u should be able to go through, with caution of course

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
indyjoe7 said:
Your a star baby! Your name will be in lights, you'll be famous.
I find that if its not a busy intersection u should be able to go through, with caution of course
Yuppers! Maybe they can issue more lunches e/permits while they at it too haha. Def joking.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Ya gotta look for them cams man....:whistling::whistling:
I've got a keen eye for them now ... An eagle eye some might say.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts