Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone carry anything small to put under their kickstand incase they have to park on a surface where their kickstand may sink and subsequently come out to find their bike lying on it's side?
I'm super brand new to a motorcycle so excuse my ignorance.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
vortex said:
Does anyone carry anything small to put under their kickstand incase they have to park on a surface where their kickstand may sink and subsequently come out to find their bike lying on it's side?
You can get special little plates !

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I do. It's a kick stand puck. Got it for like $3.00, 3 years ago. I keep it in my tank bag. A smashed soda or beer can works in a pinch too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if its windy point bike into the wind or slightly front right side if you can and if sunny and hot park in the shade where possible or park so bike shades where bike stand touches the pavement and use light colored puck. also use puck on loose or wet dirt or gravel as suggested by others,my friend had a black puck on sunny hot day and he found his bike 650 on its side because puck melted into the pavement sideways then stand melted in.hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Yes...... It was the under the boot strap on raingear. Went to put kickstand down, and that strap bust of been caught in it. Kickstand ended up in the up position, and i didn't know. Went to get off to get gas....well down it went.....
I cut them straps off right there.....
Just earlier in the day the same side was caught in the footpeg while driving.
I thought then.... I'd should cut them things off, but didn't get to it.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey Vortex i also wanted to mention if wearing jeans make sure the cuffs of the pantleg is snug,i watch a guy tip his bike over because his pantcuff got hung up on his footpeg and over he went.
Excellent advice , would have not thought of that one. Thank you

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if its windy point bike into the wind or slightly front right side if you can and if sunny and hot park in the shade where possible or park so bike shades where bike stand touches the pavement and use light colored puck. also use puck on loose or wet dirt or gravel as suggested by others,my friend had a black puck on sunny hot day and he found his bike 650 on its side because puck melted into the pavement sideways then stand melted in.hope this helps.
Good pieces of info to have thank you.
Light pink puck just came in the mail.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I did..... Just took the tarp off it n started her up for a bit.
I keep it inside a storage tent all ready for a warm enough day.
Had it out 4 a 3 hour drive a week ago.
Got up to 60 that day n the driveway was free of ice
So i could get out....LOL
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.