Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been bike shopping for about three weeks now and have looked at just about any and all sport, standard and naked on the planet...
I am so sick of searching but i have finally narrowed it down to a select few... and i realized how nice alot of them are... so much so that if i was loaded i would probably buy one of each...

but a few things i have come to realize...

Ducati monster 696 and 1100.... AIR COOLED!!! WTF!!! we sit at a light now and feel the heat coming up imagine an air cooled machine at a light.... thermal melt down!!!

Triumph daytona 675 while super sexy and oh my god so orgasmic, you lean like what feels like twice as far as a cbr.

so if all works out i will have a new bike within a month or so. i am selling my truck and that should free up some cash flow so i wont mind spending in upwards of 14,000...
but i am still trying to keep it down to around 10k.

I love the 848 but my dealer told me that they are more or less service whores and require alot of attention. and money....

The 2009 R6 I absolutely love the styling but the seat is way too wide in the front and it makes me feel like im a teenage girl in the stirrups at the gyno for the first time... haha spread em!

the R6s on the other hand is very comfy more padding in the seat not as far to lean forward and still have adjustable sport suspension and all the performace of a 06 ish r6...

Fz1 1000cc so sexy naked and upright... have to look into this and a few more... found a z1000 as well but whose to say it will be there when i get there as they stopped making it and its a leftover, and everybody loves leftovers just like meatloaf... slap a z1000 between two slices of bread and yum yum... :D

so a short list of some more bikes i have been considering...

Triumph Daytona 675
Suzuki Gsx-R 600 ( off the list )
Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R ( off the list )
Honda CBR 600RR ( off the list )
Yamaha R6s
Yamaha FZ1
Suzuki Gladius ( off the list )
Ducati Monster ( off the list due to air cooled )
Yamaha FZ6R ( off the list )
Kawasaki Z1000
Kawasaki Er6n
Kawaskai 650r
Ducati 848
Aprilia Shiver 750

and I am 100% sure i am leaving alot out... but i have considered so many and almost signed papers on one before i decided i didnt want it...
so its all of those or keep my 250r for a little while longer and do some rediculous mods to it. and like i have said before i love getting on my bike and riding it and it never lets me down and treats me right and has gone over 100mph and i tracked it on GPS! so the myth of the 90mph wall is bull... and mine is stock except exhaust... so... yeah... i dunno... this is basically just a rant... respond if you wish, let me know your thoughts on bikes on my list and any i may have overlooked that i need to give a look at... in my price range please... i know felix is gonna jump on and say MV MV MV MV MV AUGUSTA!!!!! but thats way more than i want to spend... i could afford it. but i dont want to... gotta leave some cash to buy a winter beater as im selling my truck... :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's a good list. A tough decision for sure. Let us know what you decide!
My personal preference is a Triumph Thruxton. Not really a sport bike, but I hear they make you able to fix a jukebox with a bump of a fist.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
crushedcamber said:
The 2009 R6 I absolutely love the styling but the seat is way too wide in the front and it makes me feel like im a teenage girl in the stirrups at the gyno for the first time... haha spread em!
LMAO
Yes I believe the R6s is the older 06ish that use to be the R6.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i put a deposit on the z1000. i fell in love almost instantaniously! and when you climb upon her she hugs your body and legs, soooo comfy! so if all works out i should have her by the begining of next week, ( gotta get some stuff in order first )

But being that 08 is the last production year for the bike i knew it was gonna be the last leftover i could find anywhere as i had searched hard. and well its the last one i can get, so i got it!

side note, the fz1 is really nice but the sex appeal isnt as much as the z1000 and the fz1 also isnt as comfy, kinda feels weird like it doesnt fit me. but like i said the z hugs me... it love me already... haha

poor lil 2 fiddy, ima miss her...

but z1000 here i come!

at least i stayed in the same family ( being kawasaki )

pics...

and a generic pic of the bike cuz my camera phone is crap...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
post pics as soon as you get it. and if you take it to the movies.. park it where everyone will see it.. specially the ladies. ...

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Ducati makes an engine called the LTwin, ask your dealer about it, they've made it for 60 years and its liquid cooled (emphasis on the L) the monster was a candidate for the Ltwin and you should be able to find them pretty easy since its one of their most intricate engines. 669 sounds great, too bad they dont make them anymore after they scrapped the 669 for the 998 their was a backlash hehe. Good luck crush!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
virtualmatrix258 said:
Ducati makes an engine called the LTwin, ask your dealer about it, they've made it for 60 years and its liquid cooled (emphasis on the L) the monster was a candidate for the Ltwin and you should be able to find them pretty easy since its one of their most intricate engines. 669 sounds great, too bad they dont make them anymore after they scrapped the 669 for the 998 their was a backlash hehe. Good luck crush!
The monsters are an L Twin. its not called that becuase its liquid cooled. its called that becuase of the engine configuration. hence L shave V shape Parallel... etc...

here. check it out...

2009 Ducati Monster 696 specs...

Type L-twin cylinder, 2 valves per cylinder Desmodromic; air cooled
Displacement 696 cc
Bore x Stroke 88 x 57.2 mm
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Power* 58.8 kW - 80 CV @ 9000 giri/min
Torque* 7.0kgm - 50.6lb-ft @ 7750 rpm
Fuel injection Siemens electronic fuel injection, 45mm throttle body
Exhaust 2 aluminium mufflers
Emissions Euro3

1 - 20 of 85 Posts