Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I'm new to this forum and new to the bike world...well as a driver...I am indeed a seasoned passenger for many years and decided to take the plung this year! Hubby owns a BMW K1200LT....am I allowed to say BMW in this forum?? LOL...

I just bought my first bike...a Ninja 400R...anyone out there with one of these bikes??? I am scheduled for my M2 the first week of May and I can't wait!!!

Would love to hear from 400 owners!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey Icecat, welcome. Hope you get to make the most out of that short Ottawa riding season this year. The 400 was VERY well reviewed in Cycle Canada when it came out. Hope you really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Would be very interested to hear about the 400, since it is basically the same bike as my 650R.
Welcome Icecat, and please show us some pics when you can!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome IceCat
Congrats on the new purchase and joining the riding community. From the reviews I've read, the 400R seemed to have been well received. I would suspect as the chassis and the overall weight are the same as the 650R that the two would be quite similar in handling if not power. I just sold my 650 but I have fond memories of it; good street bike with comfortable riding position. By the way, I'm in Ottawa as well. There are a number of good roads around here worth exploring. Drop me a pm sometime. There's always rides being planned somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well my new bike is still sitting in a crate waiting for my "getter ready" call to the dealer. As my fellow Ottawa rider know, it's pretty frigging cold in Ottawa right now... Good old Mother nature threw in some wet snow today... Was happy I was in my RAV4 at the time...

I'll take some pics of the bike when I get it home in about 2 weeks.... It's going to be set up for a "short girl"...lowered seat and a lowering kit (apparently the lowering kit was customized for the bike by a local supplier because there is no proper fitting kit for it right now).... The bike I sat on at the dealer was pretty nice so I'm super stoked!

I am a new rider so I'm not sure I'll be able to point out any "quirks" but I will tell you what I think. I think Hubby's going to try to fit himself on it - he's 6'2" and rides a BMW K1200LT, so that might be a little amusing...

As much as some of the veteran Ninja riders berate the 400 as just a detuned 650....I think it's stilll a better choice than the 250 for my first bike...

Stay tuned...pics in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
What colour did you order Icecat? The white or the orange?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My New Bike...

Hi all,

Sorry it's taken so long....too much bloody rain in Ottawa....

Here is my bike...it's been lowered, front end was lowered as well and it has the low seat.

It's supposed to be based on the 650...Hubby has driven both my 400 and a tricked out 650...only difference seems to be the responsiveness, but of course adjustments were made to the computer of the 650 since it was there for track day...

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks.

Ice Cat:dance:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.