Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what 600 or liter bike would you guys get next? Im thinking about either the CBR600RR or the gixxer 1000

·
Registered
92 Posts
CBR600RR is a great bike. I bought an 08 after having an 08 Ninja 250R for about 8 months. Its a different kind of beast though. I prefer the look of the CBR600RR compared to the CBR1000R, so I assume you do too thats why the 1000 is not on your list. Suzukis are nice, I like them, but I just prefer Honda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont like the looks of cbr1000 at all, if i do choose to get a liter bike, its gonna be a gixxer

·
Registered
379 Posts
If I had to buy one now it would be a Suzuki GSX-R600 or GSX-R750. Some of the litre bikes are really nice but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of going from a 250 to a 1000.

I'll be looking to buy a new bike around the end of this year. Most of the Japanese 600s will be due for a model change by then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree with not jump from 250 to 1000, but gixxers have mode selector, that might help a little

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
As I say: Only one way to know. Go ride THEM ALL... :p And if a dealer gives you a problem, go to a different one. Most cc equivalent machines are very similar. All the Jap bikes are very similar, even the Triumph Daytona is very similar. If I were you I'd go feel the difference between a twin and a 4. SV1K vs. ZX-6R vs. GSXR 1K or something like that. Really throw some stuff in the mix, and you might discover something about riding position, when and where the power hits, etc, etc of what you really want, eh?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only thing i can do is sit on them, becuase the new bikes at the dealers wont have any oil or batteries. i have ridden an older cbr, and i like it alot, and a vtx1800 which is a different type bike. i really want a liter bike, maybe the gixxer or r1.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Of all the litre bikes, the R1 is the one I hear of the most that people crash with. I don't know what it is with that particular bike, whether it's hard to handle, too fast or just attracts hoons.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Spooph is right about test riding everything and deciding apon that.. I however went blidnly towards the light that is a GSXR1000 K6.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all the bikes in the same class are pretty much the same, just the looks and ridding position. i think im gonna go for a gixxer 1000

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Well as I've already stated, I'm going for the '10 Ninja 650R, only because I'm looking for a more comfortable ride that that will carry Wifey as well. That being said, more power is always a plus if used in moderation!!! :p

I have to ask though, why are you considering the move up from the 250? You have only just bought it recently, no?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Hmm bigger bike.....................

.....That would be me slapping on a NN.com sticker that adds 10HP! lol

I like the CBR600 but they are soooo expensive.

·
Registered
379 Posts
zandit said:
That being said, more power is always a plus if used in moderation!!! :p
What's the point in having all that power if you're only gonna use it in moderation? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Aysee said:
What's the point in having all that power if you're only gonna use it in moderation? ;)
Typical Mainlander response!!! :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have about 1k miles on my 250, i will probably have about 2-3k when im buying a bigger bike.

there is no point of having all the power.
people always say that you dont need that much power
no, we dont need that much power, but the problem is we WANT that much power!!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a 1991 ZX 1100 in my shop this week Complete with a big bore kit Falcon rods and crank and GIANT flat slide carbs. the beast must weigh 700 lb and have 200 hp.It makes my 250 look like a bicycle.
THAT is a bigger bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts