Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the subject, its nothing to do with a trip to Patpong Thailand. Seems I've done a big end on the Ninja! Sucks hey, 7500km and this. Before anyone asks Oil levels were fine, and it was only a month and a half old oil. The bike gets ridden well, but not thrashed, its my only mode of transport so I can risk losing it.

Now the pickle starts, my dealer (who has the bike for repairs) cant get a warranty repair authorised by Kawasaki Australia. So Kawa Aus, has contacted Kawa Japan for help. Their beef is this has 'never' happened before so it 'cant' be a manufacturing fault, hence the buck pass to Kawa Japan. Bull shit, thats what it is, they are trying to tell me they can guarantee the quality and construction of EVERY single bike, and that there is NO way that it could be something to do with them.

Bearing failure... lack of oil (not an issue, right up to full mark) Abuse (not an issue, yes the bike gets revved but its not sitting on the limiter, ridden like a 250cc V twin) that only leaves construction and/or assembly. Big ends last 100 000km plus some...

So now I have to wait until monday for an answer, so a I've been without my bike for a week! Its killing me.

What you guys think? I'm MIGHTY pissed! Oh and to top it off, once they stop fiddling with themselves and make a decision, I've been told it will be 3 weeks at least from that point for the new parts to arrive!!!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Well I think your dealer is trying to screw you big time, thats what it sounds like anyways. They'll probably give you all kinds of shit because its an affordable bike and they dont make much off of it so they wont wanna give back. They'll most likely...if they havent already point at the 600's and 1000's. I'm really sorry to hear that though...felix without a bike? wow!

Hasnt something like this already happend to you mechanically?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah bike has run great for all 7500 km's. I dont know if the dealer would go to that extent, since I would imagine they get paid either way, kawa aus or by me. I would imagine they make more money from me, but still, they know I wont go back if I have to pay.

Big end bearing is whats around the crank at the bottom of your connecting rod (piston on end of that).

Not having a bike is killing me, I've managed to steal my Mums car so I dont lose my job! I hate driving, it sucks! I feel really really unsafe in a car, I know its weird, also I feel tired all the time in a car, on a bike I'm wired! I miss it so much!

Felix

·
4,853 Posts
ah! Okay I just researched big end bearing...very valuable piece of a recipricating engine. Wikipedia people...I'm not ashamed!

So how much are they projecting it may cost if you dont mind me asking?

And I understand about the Car/Bike experience, I do feel much safer on a bike than in my car. My car fits me like a glove because of the way the seats are designed and it makes me dead tired especially riding home like this morning after looking at a bunch of small pieces and fitting them into one working computer over and over lol. Start to see spots.

I like the feel of the wind accross you as long as its not too harsh, keeps you awake and you feel like you have more control over your surroundings. A bike is smaller than a car and it relies on your movements to control it so you're always doing something and moving. Except here in Florida where everything is flat and one direction :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
damn man that sucks ass :( how much is that going to cost you?

·
Registered
256 Posts
dude felix that SUCKS. i know what you mean about driving tho. whenever i drive i feel sleepy and bored. and yea i feel like i dont have as good of a grasp on whats going on in my surroundings as much as on my bike

·
Registered
331 Posts
Felix if you can tell me what color code your OME connecting rod bushings are,I can send you one in matter of days.They do come in pair in three thicknesses with three color codes,blue black and brown.Part # 92028-1492,
92028-1493 and 92028-1494.But to find out you MUST dismantle the engine.PM me if you need the parts quick.They normally do last for ever but machanically they some times do fail.Sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, nothing on insurance :(

Thanks Eric, I'm going to head into the dealership on Monday and sort it out face to face, find out what is really going on. I NEED my bike back, I'm running out of cars to borrow from people. I feel soooooo lost without my bike, its nothing to do with transport, riding means soooo much more to me than that.

Felix

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, I didnt realise how much of a hold riding had on me, its killer. Every bike I see I want to be them!

I was strapping around in the X5 today, sunroof and music pumping and only got a tiny little bit of enjoyment out of it :(

virtualmatrix258 said:
Yeah they'll give him a really nice Hyonsung ahahaha
Even that would be fine! :D Anything!

Felix

·
4,853 Posts
I think we found him!

I just realized because of the time difference, Felix is in our future for those of us in America. And that is how I got this picture, notice the 5 o'clock shadow :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts