Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So people are always wanting the best bang for their buck. They also want to know what ppl opinions are on the SINGLE BEST MOD you personally have installed and why its the best. So lets hear from you all the best single
Mod you have done to you bike and why it is your number one mod

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
byte2022 said:
Ok. So people are always wanting the best bang for their buck. They also want to know what ppl opinions are on the SINGLE BEST MOD you personally have installed and why its the best. So lets hear from you all the best single
Mod you have done to you bike and why it is your number one mod
There's not 1 single mod really ,for power and throttle response the pc5,for brakes braided lines and good pads,for handling had the suspension set up for my weight and riding style!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Mine was just walmart kyrlon paint......:facepalm:
New hurricane air filter....:thumb:
Upgraded tires....pilot road 3's.....:dance:
N now......better gearing......1 tooth more in front.....:thumb:
Like to get rid of the ugly rear fender, but it does serve it's purpose....keeps crap off my back......:eek:
Done........:thumb:
Now if i can keep chics free peeing on the back seat i'd be good......
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I have to agree with Morgan, it's impossible to narrow it down to one mod.
I have 2 that have made the biggest improvement to the 650R

1 - Sportsbars 3.0 - They transformed the ride from a back hurting, too upright position, to a much more sportier and comfortable riding position for myself

and 2 - Pirelli Angel tyres - These gave me grip and confidence in the handling of the bike that the stock Bridgestones never had!

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can narrow all of my bikes single best mod. My zx10r has many mods. Two stand way about the others but the ecu reflash was the best single mod on it to date. RAce cams are coming so. May change my mind. The ecu reflash really woke the bikes potential up. Got more power. More throttle response and more consistency.
The r6 was the power commander w/ auto tune as it allowed the power in the bottom end to be adjusted back on to the bike as the open exhaust has no back pressure and thats hard on a small engine on the low end. Ive owned several r1's. and several zx9's. each r1 had a different mod that set them apart. One had the full graves titanium system that was a huge performance improvement. Another had an ecu reflash to address the removal of the secondary butterflies. That made the bike what an r1 should feel like. The other was just a power commander and tune which smoothed out the throttle and predictability in the curve My zx9's had two but were all done on all bikes. The first was steel braided brake lines and lighter wheels. All the gsxr's. i hated so i didn't mods them. I sold them. My harley bub pipes as the gave the bike sound and performance without breaking the bank. My touring bikes the best mod was between yhe heated seats and the upgraded windshield

So each bike does have some mods that are above others. Comestic upgrades and performance upgrades have nearly been on all my bikes. My suspension upgrades were great but when i was just getting started riding street bikes at 14 i never needed the upgrade and never did them until about 7 years Ago. That being said. My suspension upgrade on the r6 was done when i bought it as it was full race ready less the safety wire. My zx10r has the new ohlins ecu controlled suspension in the rear but nothing in the front yet. The stock front is not bad but will be upgraded soon. And ill let you all know then. The worst mods i have done to my bikes poor quality grips and bar ends. Poor quality rear fenders. Earl says it was his air filter
In every other thread so ill answer for him here. Haha

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The single best mod I've done (and can be done) to the Ninja 250 is change the sprockets. because the stock bike is under geared, changing out the sprockets take advantage of the HP much better and has made the ride of the bike much better.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
The single best mod I've done (and can be done) to the Ninja 250 is change the sprockets. because the stock bike is under geared, changing out the sprockets take advantage of the HP much better and has made the ride of the bike much better.
I think that would be true on all Ninjas being used for commuting.

·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im really suprised people arent wanting to share info on they mods they have. I do alot of mods to my bikes. I dont just read one or two reviews. I ask people who have them what they think before I commit to buying anything. This is because i dont like to waste money. When i have 40,000 dollar sportbikes every penny needs to be well spent. I bet some of you jave bought something and felt like it was a waste or just wasnt as good as you thought after reading a review or two. Post em up lets hear about it!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to cut down on handlebar shake so I got pro gel inserts. Just put on a vista pro throttle lock so I can shake out my hands too. Hoping to cut down more on shake, not sure how as of yet. Any advice for a ninja 650r is welcome.

Got a soft kriega 20L saddle bag, let's me go more places comfortably. Back packs get annoying at high speeds and aren't usually waterproof though I use my Ogio sometimes.

For aesthetics got an arrow exhaust and blue wheel tape.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yep, and spongier grips. I had a terrible time with vibes from the 650r, but since I installed the Progrips 717's and heavier bar ends, it has been great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
1st Dan Moto Muffler.

The stock 2008 ninja 250r sound was very turn off when I purchased, sounds like a victa.
Wife pestered me to buy it over a 1999 CBR 250rr I wanted just because it was bright green.

Women....

I really liked the high reving 4cyl, alloy frame, twin brake front etc of the cbr.
Just makes the 2008 ninja 250 look cheap and nasty.

2nd clip ons, more comfortable riding position and wife can now see past me and not helmet butting me in the back under gear down braking.

3rd not bike but a Hyper Optics anti fog transitional visor insert.
Very scary early morning lens fogging up and sun hitting lens.
Too cold to ride with visor up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.