Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone within driving distance of Charlotte, NC, I would like to invite you to the "Sticky Fingers" in Pineville this coming up Wednesday August 5th. They are having a fundraiser for a friend of mine who some of you may have read about on this site. He was in a crash father day, and he lost both his arms. He just got out of the hospital last week. 15% of all sales go straight to Stephen and his family to help cover some of the mountain of bills they are left with from the accident.

So if there is anyway anyone of you can make it to show support for a fallen friend and rider like all of us, we welcome you. Motorcycle riding is my passion, and It was his, and now he will never ride again.

Come show some support, and have some dinner for a good cause.

Anyone who is interested please send me a message and I can give you more info. There are other ways to help also, so if anyone wants info on that let me know. Thanks for reading, and may god watch after all of us when we may need help like this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spooph, I would never expect anything with my name on it, plus you know I am legit because you bought that helmet from me.

Checks can be made payable to "The Stephen Shope Recovery Fund"

Yes his name is StePHen, as is mine (SteVen) and my last name is Hopkins not Shope.

If anyone here questions the validity of this post, please call the restaurant that is having the benefit. Sticky Fingers- Charlotte, NC 704-926-3444

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I don't have your address anymore. can you PM me it again please? Thanks! Also, maybe you could post the address of the restaurant here, and they'll take checks for him? We'll make sure to write in big sharpi letters "Pure donation"... :p

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
thanks for the email Steve! Money sent. It's not a whole lot. I am poor, a just ex-student, and such forth. I only say that to say this. I don't care how poor I am, I will send money, because he's a fellow rider, and we must stand together whenever possible. It's a harsh world out there for all of us, and if we can't support each other in a time of need, how on earth are we going to stand together when times are good?

Folks, throw in a dollar, 2, 5, 10, 20, etc....

I'm not going to say how much I sent, because it's not about the amount, it's about the action of doing it.

Steve, you must post up how much the benefits dinner raises... :) Also keep in mind there is a lot of money out there for "disabled" people form the gov't.

what happened to your friend was horrible, but he can choose to either suffer for the rest of his life, or use the opportunity to grow and develop in ways he never thought possible. I have a feeling, since he's a rider, that he will choose the latter. My prayers are with him.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spooph you really stepped up to help a good friend and I am very thankful for that. I wont say how much he gave, but it was more then enough and shows how good of a person you really are. For everyone else, this is the account for paypal that donations can be sent to:

[email protected]

After all donations have been received, I will take them to the bank and get a certified check written out to him, and from "The NEWNINJA.COM Family"

Thanks again Spooph, and I hope your generosity spreads.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are starting to get more and more donations. This was a last minute attempt to collect, since the benefit is wednesday, but PLEASE PLEASE donate whatever you can by the 5pm tomorrow so I can get it all together before the benefit. If its 5 dollars, thank you very much, if its 10, thanks even more. Whatever little amounts we get will build up and help them out greatly. And you will feel good about yourself.

If your a member of this site who has been in an accident, even a low speed one, you should be right here helping out your brother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts