Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just riding around today, and i realized (second time its happened)
that i didnt have my license on me.
bad thing, but i was cautious not to bring any attention to my self..
which was good because i saw a lot more patrol cars out today than normal.. anyways!

i was wondering - how strict police officers/state troopers with motorcyclists??
honestly, I have NEVER seen a motrocycle pulled over, or really even heard of it..
unless they were doing stunts and things on the street.
just interested into hearing what other riders think.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have been pulled over by a in my town 3000 people by a local sheriff who thought he was doing good deeds by checking to see if I had a motorcycle licence..

He had just took a class that said alot of sport bike riders were not licenced ( endorsed) for motorcycles.. I believe he was profiling.

He was quite sheepish when I lifted my helmet and he saw I was a grown up with a cycle licence for 25 years. I would have nailed his butt for profiling but I have my aftermarket mods on and didn't want him to call my aftermarket mods.

He didn't know the difference anyway. but I did not need the trouble.

Instead I just started bitching bout the lack of sheriff coverage we are paying for in town. blah blah..
he sulked away.

I generally like cops, this one was just stupid.

Told me my licence did not match. Yea because my personalized plate has not arrived yet duh!!

3 mile under the limit...
So yes T-1 I have seen many bikes pulled over. sometimes they deserve it sometimes not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ah... Yeah... Bout that whole getting stopped thing... Try getting stopped by your Uncle who is a state trooper on his wife's bike on the causeway the first time ever riding... (with no motorcycle liscense!) Takes some explaining Lol. Not nearly as bad as being stopped by your police Lieutenant Grandma in your ''Doctor'' uncle's $250,000 Hennessy Dodge Viper Twin Turbo 1000... *Shrugs* What??? He left me the keys when he told me to watch the house for the weekend! Did i really do anything wrong???
Rofl (rich family suck)

P.S. Please, please, PLEASE don't think i am just a rich boy, I don't have two nickels to rub together right now. Getting a 250R after boot camp though!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
You rich bastard gtf off the forums!!!!! ahahaha

Dude yeah rich family sucks. My dad owns a genetics lab but I struggled through life because he was so cheap, everything I have I've earned...got kicked out of the house at 16, had an affair with his secretary hehe ;) totally worth it!

My aunt drives nothing but Porche's, my uncle collects supras, my other uncle owns and collects sailboats and I build computers and collect cat hair in a ziplock bag everytime I brush him ahahaha.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Been pulled twice, fined once for not displaying a probationary license plate.
Been questioned a few other times.

Never been caught speeding or doing anything silly, surprisingly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha really? interesting..
so pulled twice, but ticket once.. and that was just for alicense plate.

but you had after mods too, right? they didnt notice that? (well other than the missing fender haha)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Second time I had my black light installed.
Going mod crazy once my insurance clears, But I don't think thats going to lead to any problems.
Police are clueless.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I could pretty much put a jet engine and wings on my 250R, the cops here (Including my family) have no clue about anything that was or ever shall have to do with cars. MUCH less bikes. Cops in New Orleans are those guys that were bullies in high school and tried to find a professional way to continue their careers of screwing everyone they can. Sure one or too of them like cars but they are usually the cool guys anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
ok I have not gotten pulled over on the bike, yet, but I'm pretty sure I will soon. I just wonder if I will be able to get out of it.

On a side note, I got a freaking parking ticket on the motorcycle the other day at Walmart - just after reading the forum here on weird places people park and how Walmart, specifically is cool with it. And I was only doing a favor and grabbing jumper cables cuz one of the bikes we were with died when they left key on while we were waiting on some others. So I was sent across the street to Walmart, was in and out in 3 minutes, with a ticket sitting on my seat when I got back. it's only $20 and not worth calling in favors from cops (I'll save those for when I really need them) but it was kinda stupid. And this may make me look more stupid but I saw the cop, and he saw me park there and did not say anything when I did it.

Keep in mind - I was not obstructing the entrance, was not on a sidewalk, not in a fire lane. All these were options on the ticket - the cop checked the one that said Improper parking.

my theory, the cop was a motorcycle rider and was just mad he was working on a nice day and we were riding. my friends said when he drove past them at the gas station he gave them dirty looks.

FYI - we were all chick riders out there. Just thought I would mention that.

G

·
I always park in a parking space, cause I don't need the hassle from the man trying to bring me down esp. when I'm out trying to get my ride on doing 90+ getting away with murder - "murder was the case that they gave me......"

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I've been pulled over more than I can remember, and enough tickets to get within a few points of loosing my license - I don't know how close, I was too scared to check (if they want me to stop driving, they can throw me in jail or something). Once I got pulled over for a burnt-out tail light, which led to a ticket for no proof of insurance (I had insurance), and out of date registration. Got it all handled, and the case was dropped. No worries.

I'm well acquainted with our "traffic-school" cop, cause I've been in class so much. This is part of the reason I got a 250, to have the bike help me resist the temptation.

What I find works best: By polite, be absolutely honest, have your stuff straight, and if you forget your license/insurance/registration, just have them look the bike up, and you, and they should be able to tell if you're legal or not...

I also know one thing about speeding: The only reason to EVER get caught is a lack of vigilance. See them before they see you, and you can kick it back up above the limit once you've passed them. :p It's a game really, "spot the cop".

The first ticket I got on my ninja was through a "big sting" on my daily route - 8-12 cops (I couldn't count all of them), on a 2 mile stretch, pulling people over left and right. I just vary my route a bit more these days. :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think I've still never seen a motorcyclist pulled over.. But me myself have been twice and talked to a few times.
So just because you haven't seen it don't think you won't be it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got pulled over one time because the cop had tailed me for 2 mi and when he stopped me he seid " I could not tell if that was a 600 or a 250 a buddy told me the changed th look up." scared the shit out of me. He got tired of following me and waiting for me to stop. He laughed his as of when I told him I thought he was going to write me for no tag light.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts