Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got a concern with my riding. When I'm making a corner turn and sense that there is gravel I become nervous that I may skid or slide somehow. Is it better to ride it out and trust your tires or am I correct in thinking I need to swerve around on a wider turn.

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Hey guys I've got a concern with my riding. When I'm making a corner turn and sense that there is gravel I become nervous that I may skid or slide somehow. Is it better to ride it out and trust your tires or am I correct in thinking I need to swerve around on a wider turn.

Stay away from gravel!!!!!!
Unless ur driving a dirt bike on gravel roads.....:thumb:
Gravel on tar is like trying to drive on marbles......:facepalm:
Nnnnnn ur gunna go down driving on it.....:facepalm:
Go around it if possible!!!!
Or if u have to drive across it do that upright n in a straight line....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you are on a turn already, there's a good chance you may not be able to turn 'wider' than your current turning route. So, I wouldn't advise for you to try and 'quickly' turn wider but hold your throttle steady and don't lean over too much in the event it slips you may be able to catch your moto from low sliding.

09 ST3R
09 N250R

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thank you guys. I've ridden off-road atv's and dirtbikes, so I have some experience on gravel roads and prairie. But when I'm on my er6n it is the easiest and one of the funniest things I've ridden. This type of bike is most fun ridding through bending roads, hills and S like turns. But where I live the roads can get rough and have gravel patches. I'm not entering turns fast and I think I'm probably safe mostly, I guess I don't quite know the limits in traction and such. Just takes experience I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.