Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I was riding today, and when I was in a turn at a stoplight, my backtire gave out. I wansnt gunning it or anything, and I didnt notice anything on the road. I recovered it, but wanted to find out what caused this, because I have _never_ had this happen before, and ive been riding my bike constantly since I got it last summer.

When I got home, i took a look at the tire, and this is what i found:

It gouged out a part of the tire. (not deep, maybe varying depths of .5mm to 1mm)
Is it possible that this was the tire??? or perhaps because it was on my chicken strips, the edges didnt have the same grip as the inside and it gave out? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Is the tire flat or have any unusual bumps, knots or uneven wear. Did the bead break. If not, You were probably too far over and grabbed a loose piece of asphalt or concrete. From time to time asphalt will cut loose a pebble if it is not completely smooth and get squeezed between the road surface and tire. I would say it's not tire failure, but lose of traction.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no the tire looks fine... i dont think i was leaned over that far, but who knows...?

i sanded off the chicken strips when i got home, just incase that was it. you can tell a real big difference between the worn and unworn rubber in terms of traction. i just hope it doesnt happen again

·
Registered
331 Posts
gummybear,the BT45 was nener design for high performance use.It was more or less intend for touring.You might have been over useing the performance it was design for.
Unlike the BT 090,it's design for high performance use as well as for racing,wet or dry.Super grip.Something you might be looking for I guess.
That little scratch shouldn't make much dif in grip.But if it's a manufacturing defect you should go back to the dealer and claim it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm.... well believe me i havent been pushing my bike. it may be a manufacturing defect, but i dont know if i wanna mess with it. i still have a ton of tread left on these

ill look into the bt090 for my next tires... are they dual compound?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope im _sure_ there was no gravel. its super well traveled so there is none anywhere... :-(

i was looking at tires, but cant figure out what i want to get... suggestions? im in no rush, but probably sometime this summer ill hook it up

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha no bridgestone BT-45s... i mean ive never had problems with them until this. maybe a bit of not feeling completely secure in turns, but eh... ill get some bitchin tires later :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts