Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, totally new to motorcycling etc so I have a quick question...

I heard that constantly stalling the bike out will eventually drain the battery, and I tend to stall out probably 3-4 times within an hour time frame when I'm practicing riding. Would you guys recommend me getting a battery tender when the bike is sitting in the garage to keep my battery in tiptop shape?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Umm, how long would you say the bike is running for in the hour period?

I can't see it being a problem, I think you will get better faster than it would a problem.

Felix

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you are worried about a dead battery, I recommend the battery tender. I have one and it works great, love it.

When I first bought the cbr, we ran the battery down loading it on the trailer in the dark. It wouldn't start. When I got it home, I hooked up the battery tender for an hour and the bike started right up just like new.

It's good if you don't ride that often too, to keep the battery charged up. But you don't have to keep it on all the time. It tells you when the battery is fully charged and then you just disconnect it.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it RP, but if you want to be absolutely sure, get a trickle charger... Will you be winterizing the bike? If you are, then you have to put the battery on a tender anyway, so you might as well get it.

henryb, why do you say you need 24 hours to know if the battery is fully charged?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.