Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how much the battery on my 400 can put out before it's putting out more than what the bike is charging. I have an HID kit, screaming banshee, iPhone charger, and an ETC system added on to my bike. I wanted to add some LED lighting as well but how many mods are too much for the battery?

Thanks!

·
1,458 Posts
What I would do. Is disconnect the battery. Use a multi-meter and measure your voltage. It should be between 10.5 -14 vdc Measure it. Then hook it back up. Crank the bike and measure it. Subtract the disconnected and the running and that's your charge voltage. Turn on or connect all your devices and see if it drops below the previous number with the bike running. If it does. You are drawing more than the bike can produce. Then disconnect each one by one to see what you can run all at once for your knowledge. I have Hid's and 400 rgb LEDs and a power commander on mine and it does fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.