Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

When I started my bike up today it backfired. It happened right when I pressed on the starter switch. I've only got 170 km on it with no modifications yet. This is the only time so far and it never happened with my '01 250.

I park in an secured and heated underground parking lot but there's a few dickwads that live in my building (you know the kind, they leave trash around and vandalize the building :mad: ). Could someone have stuffed something into my exhaust? Would that make it backfire? It was really loud but that may have been due partly by being in the parking garage.

Is this something I should worry about? Like I said, it never happened before with my last bike and it is only this one time so far. Any ideas or comments?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
happen to my bike a couple times . sounds like a gun shot . I have to pull my garage cat off the ceiling afterward

G

·
I had my ninja backfire yesterday when I started it up in the garage for the first time in a week. I was wondering if it did it cause it had been sitting there for a few days or if it was just burning a little fuel left in the carb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The bike did sit since last weekend so that was probably the cause.

All I could picture was the scene from Beverly Hills Cop where Axel puts the bananas in the police car exhaust. Didn't find any exploded bananas.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Actually it is fuel sitting in the exhaust . A tiny bit of fuel evaporates and the vapors just sit there waiting for the first spark and boom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts