Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give my dealer (banksons) a call and see whats up with any used '08s or '09s. He told me there's a chance that he's getting at used 08 in next week, I asked him how much he thought he'd be selling, and he told me nothing under $5,500. I asked him if he was serious and he said no joke, which made this little flame inside me grow bigger. He then proceeded to tell me that he's put a 6 month hault on all preorders seeing that he's having trouble fulfilling orders. He says the '09s are selling quicker than 08s. He also said that he hasnt sold anything over a 600 in over 2 months and the only thing keeping the shop open at this point is the 250r....

When will it end? lol.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Dang Virt,
that is highway robbery. Move to the west coast dude bring your gf and her cat!
you can get 09's out the door for less than that. wtf???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Virt, I'm tellin you bro, hop on down to 'Nawlins and hit up this shop at my place. Right under the west bank expressway. They have 7 (that's right folks SEVEN) 250R's, all 2009, all less than the factory tested 2 miles on them, all for $3,999 a piece, (the green is going for factory $4,099) AND the shop is giving away free helmets with purchase. They have two of each color except for the red (only one of those) and they have been practically BEGGING me to buy one since i started looking at them.

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zartan said:
Dang Virt,
that is highway robbery. Move to the west coast dude bring your gf and her cat!
you can get 09's out the door for less than that. wtf???
God no, anything but the cat lol. I hate florida, this place is just hell surrounded by water. I'm seeing 600's with all kinds of customized parts for less than that. I just dont think I'd be "safter" on a 600 seeing as though I've only had a 125 enduro. That guy at Magelli said he'd get me a 250r $3,000 OTD, he'll even ship to my house for free if I wanted. Ugh, this is too much, I need my pills! ahahaha

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
If you get that Megelli, let me know... We could figure something out...
1.) you buy the megelli and ride it for a month - then you ride it out to CO
2.) My dealer has too many 250's in stock - like Aeros' dealers.
3.) you buy a ninja, I'll help you do the break in's, etc.
4.) you sell the Megelli to a friend of mine, who really wants one, but we won't have them for another 2 months.... and ride back on the Ninja???!?!

Just an idear...

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a deal. I rode one a month ago, and really liked it except its slight lack of power but I dont want it forever. I just want something to learn again, and for that price, its a great deal. I'd rather get a 250 and learn that way, then get myself a 600 in time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.