Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stick a plug in the hole, so you can at least ride it around while your new one comes in. Just get a plug kit with the tool from an auto parts store.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You should have a little bit of throttle going into turns, it keeps the sunspension tight and not loose. And you dont have to have that jump when you are comming out of the turn.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Patched the huge hole and waiting on the new one. Next Thursday. I just couldn't not ride. Like Patrick Swayze once said in a movie; "If you die doing something you love, something something something. Yada Yada Yada, blah blah blah" or something to that effect. And then Johny Pneumatic was all like, "Dude!"

·
Registered
84 Posts
They put a bridgestone on yesterday and its much softer that the Dunlap. I rode quite a lot on the patched dunlop and it was fine. Alway check your tire pressure, cause you can run it completely flat and not notice until you lose it in a corner. Be safe. Screw Patrick Swayze.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
WWPSD

What would Patrick Swayze do. yuk yuk

ok ok,

I would like to hear more about the Bridgestone and how it brakes in. keep us posted please.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
StockWall said:
Mookie........did you ever get the back tire kicking out thing figured out?
Hey! I've got it under control a bit more now - it was Cali was saying with the downshifting - I think I was shifting down at too high an RPM... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put a dunlop 208sm 140/70/17 on the rear. The tire has awsome grip in the turns(dam I hate using that word awsome). On the front I have a dunlop Qualifier 110/70/17. The confidence in my cornering is very high now. I was actually scared going into turns on the stock tires. I love to push the little ninja to keep up with the bigger bikes in Malibu Canyons.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Those plug patches are good for permanent repairs, but first you have to get the wheel off of the bike and completely off the rim for a good repair. Also, better have some stands, good tools and enough air pressure to seal the bead once you break it. (..of course you know this)

·
Registered
115 Posts
You should be able to take the wheel assembly off and then take the tire off easy enough to fix it and then put it back on the rim with out any tools except maybe a screw driver. If you have never done this before then it could be a PITA. I foresee that I could pull it off, patch it, then put the tire back on the rim. Then put some ether in the tire. Strike a match, throw it towards the tire. Hopefully the little explosion would inflate and seal the tire on the rim. After a few trys and it doesnt work, then take it to a motorcycle shop to inflate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When down shifting twist the throttle a little to raise the rpm to almost where it will be when you let out the clutch. Then then let out the clutch and let the bike do the work. This is one way of preventing the the back tire to come out or studder. Also never pull the clutch in around a corner. Set your speed and gear/rpm for the turn prior to it. if you do it right you should be in the rpm for the power you need to bring it out of the turn. Start to give some throttle when your about 2/3 through the turn. With the ninja it starts to grip the road around 8 grand. Once you get use to it and your tires are warm you can really take some turns.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been useing these plugs(see pic) for ages.Folks says it's not permanent and I agreed.But the tires wear out so quick,esspecially the rear once,that the plug will fullfill it's job till the day I have to throw it away.Never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
haha... eric u were not kidding when u said.. u take pictures of everything. ... i can see it now..your wife having the camera around her neck just waiting on you to say... did you get that?? :)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts