Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've noticed lately that my Ninja's back tire seems to be kicking out fairly often for no apparent reason. Usually when I'm downshifting on a normal road with no gravel or wetness, the back tire always feels like it's skidding.

Would this be due more to inexperience, or are the Ninja tires simply not "sticky" enough?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be downshifting at too high an RPM. I find that when I'm in top gear, I sometimes have to come to a fairly quick stop, and have trouble shifting down so many gears quickly...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. :)

Does anyone ever go into curves/turns fully holding in the clutch and lightly touching on the front brake? I've noticed I always clutch in for all curves, even though I'm not shifting up or down. Is there anything wrong with doing this?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, did the full course last year, and a refresher course this year, but I just have a habit of holding the clutch in whenever I turn. ;) Does it matter if I do that, though? Not braking or shifting, just holding the clutch in on a turn?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
StockWall said:
Mookie........did you ever get the back tire kicking out thing figured out?
Hey! I've got it under control a bit more now - it was Cali was saying with the downshifting - I think I was shifting down at too high an RPM... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts