Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I find that letting the rpm drop alittle then down shifting is a cure for the back tire skipping. Also, never down shift into first to take a turn while you are moving at a reasonable speed. Your back tire will studder for sure.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I have heard that it can be super dangerous. Because you dont actually have full control of the bike when you are breaking in a curve/turn. Personally, I feel safer and more incontrol when when I just drop a gear in a turn and lean into it. Remember, Brake, Look, Lean, Roll. I think it goes that way. haha. But yea, use the gyro affect the engine and the bike makes to stay in control in corners. If you feel that you are not confident enough to take corners at a cruising speed, then slow down way before you enter the curve. The more and more you ride the more and more you will become comfortable with it.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Are you talking about low speed turns or like actual curves on roads with speed of 35-50? Because if you are just turning on side streets and just city driving where you are turning at low speeds then just dont lose control. Personally, I still like to feather the clutch and let the bike do the work. It might be a good idea to break that habit though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts