Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread to keep track of the mods I'll be doing to my bike. There's been a few so far.

Carbon front sprocket cover, upper chain guard and lower chain guard:

I was also supposed to get a c/f rear hugger but there's been a delay on those.

So yesterday this is what I got in the mail:

Rizoma front axle hole caps, mirrors and adjustable clutch and brake levers. I wanted to replace the Mickey Mouse ears my bike had for mirrors with something a bit smaller.

Here's the before shot:

Here it is after the extreme make over (okay maybe not that extreme):

And the axle hole caps:

So this is the current state of my bike:

Overall I think the mirrors make the whole bike look lower and sleeker. They don't work as well as the OEM units because they're about a third of the size but I don't care - they look cool.

There's some gold anodised titanium goodness coming my way in about a week so when I get them on I'll update. As of right now I'm about 8 and a half hours away from 2011 so if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and work myself into a drunken stupor.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice work Aysee. I've seen a few of these getting around in Tassie, and they sound good! Just needs more fairings!!! :p

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOVE THE BIKE! and mods, those are the mirrors that are on the way to my house, and it looks like i made the right choice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some more arrived at my front door a little while ago.

Gold anodised titanium front brake caliper bolts.

Gold anodised titanium front fork pinch bolts. I can't replace the front disc bolts yet because I can't get the bloody things off (damn thread locker). I also bought a set of black anodised aluminium fairing bolts. You can see one on the front fender.

Check out my nuts! Gold anodised titanium rear sprocket nuts and rear axle nut.

Gold anodised titanium rear brake disc bolts and rear brake caliper bolts.

Gold anodised aluminium front preload adjusters. I also have a gold anodised alloy top yoke nut but I don't have the right tool to put it on just yet.

Gold anodised aluminium clutch cable adjuster.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice Aysee, but I think it needs more!!!!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
haha i wish! i might try to get a job there after uni so i get 25% discount on bikes ;) and unique colours!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Let me guess...more fairings? :p

Met - just sneak in to the factory at night and take one. You're not that far. ;)
Ha ha!! No, I ment to say more gold, just didn't finish the comment off!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Over on the Street Triple forums I've read about a mod that increases the air intake. This is sort of like removing the snorkel on the 250r.

This is what it looks like stock. There is a piece of plastic with a few holes in it that limits the amount of air going in to the air box. This area is behind the headlights.

This is what it looks like after modifying it. I bought some mesh from Supercheap Auto and used the plastic piece as a template to mould the mesh into the shape I needed.

Apparently this mod is good for a slight increase in power and better fuel economy. But the reason I did it was for the increased induction roar. After taking it for a quick spin I did notice that the intake noise was a bit louder. So mission accomplished.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'm confused Aysee(No, I know it doesn't take much!!) but what have you actually done there?
From the pics it seems like you have removed one lot of mesh and replaced it with another closer to the front. Since the new mesh looks to have more cross members than the original, haven't you decreased the volume of air going in, and hence restricted it more??!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the first pic there's a whole blanked off section of plastic where the air would just be hitting and not going anywhere. Behind that blanked off area is open space. By removing the stock piece and replacing it with mesh I've eliminated that wall, opening up the air intake more.

The pictures are clear as mud to people who haven't been able to see the bike for real, so yeah I guess they're a bit confusing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.