Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to add some aux lights to my bike and curious to what others think about lights they've added to their bikes ie, was it worth the cost, were they as affective as they thought, good/bad brands, just about anything that may have crossed your mind while buying, installing or using them.

I have two reasons for wanting additional lights:

1 - to increase coverage at night (not distance as much as width like driving aux lights on cars).

2 - to give other drivers a better way to judge my distance from them.

Thanks

·
1,458 Posts
So I want to add some aux lights to my bike and curious to what others think about lights they've added to their bikes ie, was it worth the cost, were they as affective as they thought, good/bad brands, just about anything that may have crossed your mind while buying, installing or using them. I have two reasons for wanting additional lights: 1 - to increase coverage at night (not distance as much as width like driving aux lights on cars). 2 - to give other drivers a better way to judge my distance from them. Thanks
i have a friend that put lights on his 1000. He made brackets to fit the lower portion of his forks. They were so bright!!! He lit up everything. Ppl flashed him all the time and he would never turn them off. Sooooo coverage area. Was awesome. Worth the money. I like to know I can see the road so that would make it worth it. I'm not sure of the name brand but they were the Piaa style round lights

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a friend that put lights on his 1000. He made brackets to fit the lower portion of his forks. They were so bright!!! He lit up everything. Ppl flashed him all the time and he would never turn them off. Sooooo coverage area. Was awesome. Worth the money. I like to know I can see the road so that would make it worth it. I'm not sure of the name brand but they were the Piaa style round lights
lol, too funny but maybe a bit dangerous? Any pics?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of bulbs do you currently have?
Have you considered changing to a different bulb that is brighter and has a longer, wider beam?

I have stock bulbs and haven't really looked into other types other than HID kits. Even with a brighter bulb in the main light I would still like to put aux lights on to help widen the field of light and for others to judge my distance.

What bulbs are you running?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll check those bulbs out for sure. Nice write up on them too. As for the distance thing, it's easier for the brain to perceive distance and speed when there's two points to judge from.

·
1,458 Posts
I'll check those bulbs out for sure. Nice write up on them too. As for the distance thing, it's easier for the brain to perceive distance and speed when there's two points to judge from.
unfortunately I don't think I have any pics of chads bike and since he moved I really haven't talked to him. Lots of guys here have hid kits. On there bikes. So stupid bright. I always lead the pack when we ride but at night I f n hate it because the blind me in my
Mirrors but I can ride with no lights and still see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.