Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, Just showing off some pics from my ride today with Indie to the western most coast of Tassie.
Arthur River is a popular place for off-roading and fishing, while Marrawah(Pronounced Marra-War) is a huge surfing spot which has been known for huge waves over 40ft thanks to an uninterupted expanse of water from the southern tip of Africa to Tassie.

Here's Arthur River, one of the pics show the shacks which have evolved from a simple four walls and a roof to basically full blown houses!

You can see from the recent heavy storms we have had, that there is a lot of timber that has been washed on to shore.

Then on to Marrawah..

Indie pulled over to take a photo, then got cramp in his leg! Sign of old age I reckon!!

Lots of Kelp around here, it is even farmed!

Notice the surfer?

Not much of a glamour shot, She's covered in bug splatters!

Finished up with a quick call into Smithton, many of the locals call if Miffnun, something to do with the inbreeding I think!!!:eek:

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the weather has been good the last couple of days, but we had vicious storms here earlier in the week.
All of my photos look washed out and over exposed, but it is just a small compact camera.

Thanks Met!

·
Registered
254 Posts
what a great day for a ride.

Trip Map Here

First stop near Redpa.

Then it was of to the edge of the world at Aurthur River.

The rivers edge.

One must be carefull of the large Kangaroos lifting cars.

Onto Nettie bay where the surfers and fisherman hang out.

Last stop was the Smithton lookout and a shot of Duck Bay at low tide.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Zandit & Indie: Thanks for the posts. Such an amazing looking place! As I sit here huddling by the fire, it is -12 degress outside (-19 with the wind chill factor) and I find myself enjoying your posts even more.

Cabin Fever!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That's beautiful Zan! Thanks for sharing. You really do live in a beautiful place!

Indie, thanks for sharing your pics as well, and for sharing that EveryTrail website - that's genius!

Gosh, I wanna come visit you guys SOOOOO BAD!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.