Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been deciding on whether or not to get a set of leather pants or just by the armored shorts and things that go underneath my jeans. I know I'd lose a pair of jeans if something happened but that's okay since I refuse to pay more than $20 or $30 for a pair anyway. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this stuff. I found some that had a tailbone, hip and thigh protectors. They look kinda like dork shorts that you wear for hockey, but much thinner. Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Do you guys have Draggin Jeans over there? They have built in Kevlar panels, which don't add up to much in the way of armor, but if you come off and slide, they will not shred like normal material.

· Registered
207 Posts
Damn! Zandit you beat me too it as I was going to suggest that. They do have them here in the states. I have a pair of Kevlar jeans made by Icon though. I bought them off a friend I work with who only wore them a few times when he rode a sportsbike. He switched to a Harley and gained considerable weight so he no longer fits in them. The only thing is that they are not padded except for the knee and that not that much either. It's like they just put a few more layers of Jean/Kevlar in those spots. I wear them everytime I ride except when commuting to work. And I feel better protected when I do where them and gives me more confidence on backroad twisties because I'm protected.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Yeah, I have the Silverbacks, and they have plenty of Kevlar right around the knee area, as well as around the butt, and down the hips

· Registered
420 Posts
I'm having major struggles trying to find riding pants, arrgg!

MightyMouse, those shorts will definitely soften the impact a bit, but your lower legs will have nothing and the shorts don't provide anything in the way of protecting your nice soft flesh from that cheese grater underneath you. Just something to consider, however something is always better than nothing!

· Registered
123 Posts
Mightymouse,
you might want to consider a pair of textile overpants. I have a set of leathers for my weekend/personal time on the bike, but for my daily commutes to the office, I just put a pair of textile overpants right over top of my jeans.
They fit just like a pair of jeans, except lower legs are fitted and upper sections are cut a little large to go over your street pants. Most models have armour in the knees and hips (some have tailbone too).
Mine are a generic that I picked up at CycleGear - they fit great, but I had to do a little needle and thread work to keep the kneepads over my knees.
BILT Street Gear - Blaze Mesh Motorcycle Pants - Cycle Gear
Tourmaster and Icon also make a decent pair if you need the logos.

Haven't done a pants versus road test yet (knock), but I know I feel a lot better with them on than I did with just denim.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huh, well I certainly appreciate the input. I just ordered a set of the draggin jeans. We'll see how those work out. I'd never heard of them before but hopefully they work. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll find some leather pants on sale. I'd really like to find two piece leathers. That seems to be the biggest investment to get on the track with this thing. Well, besides the bike itself. I'm dying to get it on the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.