Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Full system, that video is not a very good one, it was taken on a Blackberry for a start. Exhausts dont transpose very well to camera unless the mic is of high quality. I'm about to order the 12inch AreaP and cant wait. It was that or the 2bro carbon, but I like the idea of having new pipes not just a slipon.

So mid august, I'll get my mate who works for a TV station to film me :p Get a good copy off his 20k camera :D

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Felix said:
Yeah sounds good in that, I hate my neighbors so I dont really care, and the higher the chance someone will hear/see me on the road the better!

Felix
Loud bikes being safer is a myth. The sound is directed behind you, from where accidents are least likely to arise. All you will do is piss off and startle anyone right next to you. If you want to be seen wear a white helmet, use a headlight modulator and don't dress all in black.

http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/loud_pipes_save_lives.asp
http://www.noiseoff.org/pipes/

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/mmsc/latest/MMSCHomeSecondary.asp?cid=5&mid=280&scat=85

Also, you hate ALL your neighbors? Everyone you ride past? Another part of motorcycle safety is helping drivers to see us as rightful members of the traffic flow and not outlaw bikers and irresponsible juveniles.
Tim

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Stinger...

To be truthful, my next door neighbour is a mate of about 15 years, and he also rides. I love the sound of loud pipes, nearly all my cars have been loudish. Not for just the sound but removing restriction of the stock exhausts.

My instructor also told me that there was quite a few accidents from rear enders to. Not that having a loud pipe at idle at the lights is going to do much. Thats why its law here to have one hand on the bars and in first gear at all times.

Plus the stock bike sounds AWEFUL. :D

Felix

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Felix have you got that Area P bolt on installed yet. I'm REALLY interested in buying one eventually too. Let me know what you think. Do you know anything about jetting the engine like they recommend? I'm the Production Director at a TV station too. I'd love to hear one with a professional microphone. I think they sound great but it would be good to hear a better version that hasn't been compressed a lot for youtube. Keep me posted on your progress if you could.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Yep installed a Standard (not quiet core) carbon fibre full Areap exhaust the day after I got the bike week before last. Its LOUD, I dont have access to a good camera so the vids I've done have been pretty crappy. If I was doing it again, I would buy the quiet core.

I've shimmed .06 and bike is going on a dyno on saturday, fingers crossed. If my bank balance every recovers I'm going to look into a camera and mic set up for the bike, so might get better vids then.

http://www.newninja.com/index.php?topic=760.15

Felix

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was thinking I might want the standard too but now with you and couple others I've heard from I'm starting to think I better just get the quieter one. I think my wife would appreciate that too. haha. I want a nice carbon fiber look and more hp. I want it to have a nice sound but I don't want it to be so loud I can't stand it. The Area P quiet core exhausts are the ones with the larger can right? It would be nice to be able to somehow hear the difference but I haven't seen any videos where someone has the quieter one.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
The vid up above is quiet core, the s/s one on the green bike.

I do like the exhaust, sounds great at WOT but on occasion i think 'oops this is a little too loud'.

As for the 'myth' that loud pipes save lives... well I've already had at least a dozen cars move over in their lanes as I've come up and I swear its from the pipes, you see them looking all around. If one person hears me and doesnt do something stupid because of it, then its all good if you ask me.

Not that its the reason I did the exhaust tho :p

Felix

1 - 20 of 28 Posts