Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the up coming cold weather, I have decided to get into woodworking this winter when I winterized my moto. Anyone here into woodworking? If so, can you advise me on the first tools one should buy and if a lie-Nielsen/veratis is worth buying or would a groz/Stanley or the likes be a better option for a beginner?

:Sent via the NewNinja App:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Qweity said:
What type of woodworking? Like cabinets, counters, furniture, or sculpting? Or something totally different?
Good question, I am looking at build boxes, cutting boards etc, then if it it sticks I am thinking of turning wood and carving, possibly building small articles like a step stool, a small stool etc. I hope to do most work with hand tools.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, I found a type 16 Stanley plane No 4 fat a garage sale, I just need to restore it-but it isn't too bad. I haut don't own any sharpening tools yet.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NefRider said:
By the way, I found a type 16 Stanley plane No 4 fat a garage sale, I just need to restore it-but it isn't too bad. I haut don't own any sharpening tools yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My skill level is pretty much zilch. So Thank you very much for your time in writing back. To me it will be useful. I want to get into this with my 10 yr old son (something to share with dad other than technology).

I will start small and see where it goes from there. I will talk to my son an see how much commitment he is thinking e will put to this. I will do it for myself if anything. I am trying to weed out of TD (technology Dependency) :)

Again thanks for the info. Happy riding. Going to begin winterize mg mine soon.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Qweity said:
Glad to be of service. If you need anymore tips or something feel free to ask.
I always love to help.
Ride safe.
Ok thanks I know I will. I'll hit you up when the time comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.