Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone else have this problem???, this is not my video but I have this problem. It happens with the bike running and even when it has been off for while. I hear there is a fix, but don't know what it is, or if I should take it to the dealer??? Please help ???
Kawasaki 250r Tea Kettle

G

·
My bike used to "tea kettle" but hasn't lately so I do not know under what conditions it actually does this or if it will again. Maybe it has something to do with the temp., or pressure from the temperature, or amount of fuel in the tank. When it happened to me I just ignore it. It is however a direct result of the tank venting like has been already been said.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i do notice it happens more when i ride it hard.. i got close to 4k miles on mine.. but like this guys say its normal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I hear you can drill the venting holes a little larger to fix this problem. I think ill leave mine alone as it doesn't really bother me too much.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thats good news to hear that this whistle may quiet down over time. I'm just under 1000km and it can whistle pretty loud and often, but always only with rising temps and sunny days. Anyone else notice it get quieter over time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts