Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey - just trying to touch base with any ladies (or guys) that have taken their Newninjas on the race track, either in track days or if you are racers.

I wanna hear your stories, hear about mod's you did for the track, favorite track, favorite gear, favorite tires - whatever. Let's talk track.

Anyone on here???

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Shady want this moved out of 'Woman only' as I'll remove any male posts due to the rules (expect mine).

As for your question I took my 250r to the track. Had a great time. I was in full tecknic suit (very cool, but didnt feel as safe as my astar jacket), spine board, sidi vertigo boots. I had a full Area P carbon fibre exhaust, shimmed needles, removed snorkal, taped mirrors and speedo.

I had the stock rubber on and after a days riding they were peeling front and back right to the edge. I rode that bike on the edge for the whole day keeping up with all the bigger bikes in corners (straights were a different matter) unfortunately I spun a big end bearing right at the end of the day! Was all fixed under warranty tho :D

Felix

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool Felix. Yeah - you can move the thread somewhere better. Could not decide where to put it and knew i would not get in trouble posting it in the ladies thread.

For sure, my question is open to boys and girls. I wanna hear it all.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
With a onesie you never have to worry that, in the event of a high speed get off, as you slip and slide the jacket may ride up away from the pants thereby exposing your soft parts. The onesie is a more secure self contained unit for the track. I think.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I agree with Boar. It's a dedicated piece of equipment to be used on the track - I doubt I'll be wearing it on the street, and I already have a street jacket and street wear, so I don't need another one. Being that that's what 2-pieces are designed for, to be used on the street, and occasionally on the track with the second piece (pants).... Also, the two-pieces equivalent to the protection of a onesie are significantly more expensive than the onesie's.... I have a bookmark of a onesie for like $300....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.