Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue Ghost gave me the idea to do this mod. He used a RC model spray tint, but I couldn't find that anywhere in Canada, and you cant export that stuff cross the border. So I used black plastic paint and just gave it a light coat. I also kept a strip unpainted just in case it was to dark and to make mine a little different, cant be a total copy cat...lol. Anyway thanks to Blue Ghost as this is a cheap mod and although small has a very nice effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
awesome mod! looking very swish on your bike lol

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I like it. Makes those signal lights look much smaller. Hey u could of made it with some kind of design. Well kinda late.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yup. Great idea. Blue ghost did this mod? Hum when? If u think about it u could shade it like an arrow, or dots as if it was an LED light or what have u. Hey have a vid of how it looks with the lights on if u can.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even though I used a solid color black paint, you can still see the light through it at night, and very easy to. I am going to take them back off today and paint a little more of them just leaving the center unpainted. I agree a design would be cool but hope you got lots of patience, the inside of the lens is pretty small and requires tiny fingers..lol.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Or!!!!!!
Do the same, but on the outside pinstripe like beezeroni did on his bike fairing and tank. use flat black to match the housing. It will be easier to add the design u want or words rather then be working on inside of the lens.
God I'm good.

One side says " ninja " and the other says "freak" hint hint. :)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yes blue ghost I did missed your posting on this. I am going to have a word about this with my secretary... this is unexceptable. Lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
say blue ghost, does the light still shine through real good? this looks like it would be a good addition to my black bike, but maybe with gold paint...so how is the visibility at night? we all know riding a bike is dangerous enough as it is, you gotta be seen.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The light shines thru at night fine as long as you use the transparent paint. The pic will kind of give you an idea of what it looks like at night. Keep in mind it is hard to shoot a picture of the light at its brightest point.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts