Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following newspaper article is from todays local paper in my town The London Free Press:

Teen motorcyclist dies

Thu, September 10, 2009

By JONATHAN SHER

Serious crash shuts down Oxford St.
"An 18-year-old motorcyclist who crashed earlier this week has died, London police say. Travis Cooper, 18, of Windsor, was to start classes this week at Fanshawe College, the Windsor Star reported. Witnesses told police he had been racing and weaving through traffic on Oxford Street when his Kawasaki motorcycle struck a turning car at Cherryhill Blvd.

While the 18-year-old was wearing a helmet, he suffered critical head injuries.

Cooper's death is the second this month of a motorcyclist on London roads. A 76-year-old man died days after his motorcycle struck the back of a stopped car on Highbury Ave. Sept. 1. "

Just another sad example. FYI, the Kawasaki motorcycle the 18 year old was riding? You guessed it, a 250 Ninja. :'(

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My friend was wearing full leather and an ARIA helmet , He was hardly moving . He misjudged the speed of an oncoming vehicle before he turned .

That's all it takes one mistake .

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sorry to hear Boar.

it's not the size of the engine that kills you, it's the size of the object you hit that does...

Just goes to show, your riding style, ability, and other factors play into your safety on a daily basis. I will never slander a fallen rider, but I still stick to one of my mantras, YOU, as the rider are 100% responsible for your safety out there. YOU have to compensate for all the other idiots, not be stupid yourself, and keep the shiny side up, eh?

Pray, have faith, do your damdest, and if you're still bested, I guess it's just your time to go...

RIP with all the other fallen brethren out there!

We need some stinking victory stories, some ride reports. This place is getting gloomy....

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
That sucks!

BlackBoar said:
Witnesses told police he had been racing and weaving through traffic on Oxford Street when his Kawasaki motorcycle struck a turning car at Cherryhill Blvd.
Not to be an ass but it sounds like he was being reckless while riding. If you want to race take it to the track. RIP dude

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yea D, I agree, but on the other hand, I get crazy and stupid on my bike a lot too, and so will you, one day. We all do. So I definitely understand his position... So I can't fault him for it.... :p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I totally understand getting up to the speed limit as fast as you can, pushing the limits of your bike, or playing some air guitar. lol

But when you are being stupid as in weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man, doing a wheelie in the middle of a high way, or stunting on the freeway. That is not cool!

There is a time and place to be "Stupid' have a Twist of the wrist have a little fun!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
BlackBoar said:
The following newspaper article is from todays local paper in my town The London Free Press:

Teen motorcyclist dies

Thu, September 10, 2009

By JONATHAN SHER

Serious crash shuts down Oxford St.
"An 18-year-old motorcyclist who crashed earlier this week has died, London police say. Travis Cooper, 18, of Windsor, was to start classes this week at Fanshawe College, the Windsor Star reported. Witnesses told police he had been racing and weaving through traffic on Oxford Street when his Kawasaki motorcycle struck a turning car at Cherryhill Blvd.

While the 18-year-old was wearing a helmet, he suffered critical head injuries.

Cooper's death is the second this month of a motorcyclist on London roads. A 76-year-old man died days after his motorcycle struck the back of a stopped car on Highbury Ave. Sept. 1. "

Just another sad example. FYI, the Kawasaki motorcycle the 18 year old was riding? You guessed it, a 250 Ninja. :'(
This is also a sobering reminder of the fact that you do need good gear!

Suffering massive head injuries i do not think he would have been wearing a good lid....
Gear isnt just to buy! its an investment in your own safety

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
+1 Well said.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
When My friend lost his life He had on full leather and an Aria helmet. He was riding a cruiser .He never went very fast. gear helps but not that much .Even with gear you can be hurt or killed . Don't let the gear fool you into thinking you are safe .

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i know your not completely safe...but at least ou know you have done everything possible to try and keep yourself safe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.