Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Eli and this is my new 2011 ninja 250r. its my firls bike and i love it. Im already looking into fender eliminators and integrted tail lights and such. Any tips or suggustions a welcome here! Anyone know anything about the engine break in? I dont wanna ride it to hard.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
;DHey Welcome! That SE paint job rocks!

If you want 6 opinions on break-in, just ask 5 people. The 4000 RPM redline is just about impossible to abide by. Go easy at first, especially since you are learning and getting comfortable, switch gears often and vary the rpm. Avoid really long rides at the same RPM and basically ride it like you plan to ride it when its broken in, minus the temptation to go high-speed hooligan every once in a while. Once you covered the first 1000 kms or so and have an oil change or two behind you, then you can wind it out plenty.

Enjoy and have a blast.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
welcome eli.. is it u the inspiration when they made the "Book of Eli"?.. :D

btw, nice ride & color scheme.. wow!!! would love to see more picture of the beast..

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
do the 2011 models come in white now?

Or did you paint it?

if they come that way so many people that painted there bike white are going to be pissed. hahhaa

Anyways welcome to the site!!

as for break in Dont red line it and stay below 8k! staying under 4k is impossible.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
They are very pretty.
2011-White but the tail sections are black with white sticker. Kawa Kinda shorted us I think.

Still a very nice bike and thanks for posting picts!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Eli, very nice looking ride there!!

Z, that sticker is just the reverse of the one on the front fairings, so it's not all bad!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
do the 2011 models come in white now?

Or did you paint it?

if they come that way so many people that painted there bike white are going to be pissed. hahhaa

Anyways welcome to the site!!

as for break in Dont red line it and stay below 8k! staying under 4k is impossible.
I was thinking that too, damn I my hard work painting my bike wasted. ooo well it was fun.

Welcome, and baby that sexy white beauty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.