Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

do u think one tag light is suffcient

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
if it weren't for the L Bracket hangers id call it an EDIT not a mod but nice thinking and tinkering.. i told you a hacksaw was choice haha

·
Registered
656 Posts
.I am using one tag light cause the other one is grounding out internally and shorting on the plate and bracket

why is it shorting out and how ? sounds like you ripped up a wire with those self drilling bolts\screws.. id pop the back seat and plastics off and take a look, if its fixable IE= electrical tape or duct tape do it. if not then slap ones self.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt have to put in any self tapping screws in...I went to ace hardware and found longer allen head screws that fit in the stock spot and was able to put the L brackets on that and a nut to secure it...its in the Tag light bolt...I think it could be the hot lead is touching the case inside and when you touch the case to a ground it blows the fuse...direct short to ground will ALWAYS blow a fuse

·
Registered
874 Posts
that's clever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks crispy...it took me a while to come up with this but once I had the plan it was easy..

·
Registered
874 Posts
When I did my home brewed fender eliminator it was crappy, yours is actually nice.

·
Registered
656 Posts
my home brew fender eliminator was a hacksaw, eventually i might get bored and have enough time to be fabricator.

well shorting out and blowing fuses usually means + touching - so, well if you know the problem trace it down and fix it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stayed up till 2 am last night cuttin it and just trying to think of a way to mount it..I kept the stock plate bracket and bent up the L brackets and used a 2" traight piece to get to the stock bolt holes..I didnt want to cut or drill into the bottom of my fender...Just take the 10 ft mud flap off...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats the thing...I could probably take the tag light bolt apart and fix it internally and try to insulate it from itself...but its bright enough for now..if a piggy stops me then ill do somethin about it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts