Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody tried to put the angel eyes/halo led behind the instrument panel? i replaced all the dash lights with leds (the company i bought my hids through offered them for $1 a piece) the indicator lights are awesome and super bright now but the tach, speedo, and gas gauge are bright but patchy. i found the halos pretty cheap ($4 each) thought this might be a cheap effective mod...
sku_25513_1.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$15 worth of halo's from Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme, they plug right in to the original sockets. :thumb:
HPIM2359.jpg

A little hot glue worked for me, you could get as crafty as you want to here i guess. O0
HPIM2358.jpg

tach all lit up. :cool:
HPIM2361.jpg

speedo all lit up. :cool:
HPIM2363.jpg

all done :dance:
daytime pic.
HPIM2364.jpg

nightime pic.
HPIM2366.jpg

Soooo for about $15 and 3 hours of your life, you can actually see all of your gauges at night!!! :welcome2:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
DAMN! That's hella bright! If you like it, good for you man, nice write-up too, but I couldn't handle that... The neutral light is too bright for me at night so this would be overkill. Hopefully others will benefit from this!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DAMN! That's hella bright! If you like it, good for you man, nice write-up too, but I couldn't handle that... The neutral light is too bright for me at night so this would be overkill. Hopefully others will benefit from this!
Thanks man. For me the dash was very dim to begin with, I had replaced all the bulbs with led's and that helped tremendously for the indicator lights but made the gauges horribly blotchy, the halos help alot with that. They are crazy bright though!!! I never forget to correct my signal and hopefully I never miss an oil or temp light and the less I see that neutral light, the better!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
love the blue Tinch. What is the thing above the speedometer?
Thanks! Is a air/fuel meter with a Wideband connected to the exhaust. Is to check the stoichometric relation and make sure I'm running above 14.7 to avoid burning valves. I make frequent changes in my fuel/exhaust/carburetors settings... so that's why is there.

Cheers!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Oh that's cool. Yeah I know what an a/f meter is. I'm super duper into cars and such. Can't leave em alone...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts