Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and there was no light :-[

Can someone tell me how to change the headlight bulbs on an 09 model?

I'm guessing (read 'hoping') it's fairly straightforward but don't want to go pulling stuff off and undoing this 'n' that if I end up not needing too! Just hoping it's easier than on a CBR125 where you have to have midgets fingers to change 'em!!

High beam is still working, is it OK to have that on until I get the other one changed or will it overload it and blow that one too?

Hope you all had a good weekend! ;D

OH bugger - just realised I've posted this in the wrong section... well, that's a good start!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Blown fuse? isn't there a separate one for low and high beams? If it is the globe, then you will need to remove the black fairing liner that is behind the front whell. This liner goes from under the headlights, and down on either side of the engine. If I'm wrong, someone else will no doubt correct me!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I agree with zandit. 4 screws and 6 plastic thingys, then it's super easy to get to the headlight assembly from underneath, and you can have big ol bear paws....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've had a quick feel (Ohh-err mrs!*) and it looks like the electrics can be pulled off (oh yes the innuendo's just keep on coming!!) the back, then it looks like there's a rubber (hmmm...) dust cap or something. Does this have to come off which will allow access to the bulb or will I still have to remove the black fairing liner to get to it? It's definitely the bulb btw as you can see the filament has gone. It's the double bulb headlight and it's the low beam one that's blown.

Thanks.

* © Frankie Howerd

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Col, yes, you'll have to pull the rubber boot off, but tis not difficult. And then the little clippy thing that holds the bulb in... If you had a feel, I guess you don't even need to take the black plastic piece off since you can get your hands in there...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! After all that, went and bought a replacement bulb today and the guy offered to fit it! Managed to do it without taking the plastic bit off (he did swear a bit tho LOL!) Had a bit of trouble getting it in at first, but in the end he managed to come up from behind and it slipped in nicely! (Ahem...)

[Note to self: Stop watching Carry On films]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts