Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was heading to my folk's house for dinner tonight and was doing my usual filtering through traffic (otherwise it would take an hour to get home). No problems till I got to a certain set of lights.

I filtered to the front and noticed a bike cop to my right with his radar out. He was a fair way away so I wasn't too worried. The cross traffic light went orange, I slipped it into gear ready to go and then I hear him yell out at me. Instantly I knew what was going on and I was prepared for the rape.

Turns out the plod was a little camera shy! Right at the start before he states his name he turns away from the camera (possibly to start his own voice recorder?) and he calms down a bit. Saved my bacon I think!

Password is "Ninja250". Excuse my muddled filtering explanation as I try to un-clench! ;)

[url]http://vimeo.com/25228011[/URL]

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a chance. I'd rather cop a fine rather than risk getting hit from behind. Wheelchairs aren't my thing.

I'm happy he let me off. If he was going to do that why bother stopping me?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
wow, lol! Coin, you need to work on your excuses! Polish them up a bit... On another note, your cops are very polite! I would find the excessive "OK" a bit irritating, but damn, nice fellas! Just a little chat, no needing to run information, this and that, power trip BS. Tops to your cops! I actually got a feeling this guy was trying to do his job and not just screw you for every pennie you got.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good video.

I got pulled 2 days ago for passing a harley in the same lane plus rear plate was tucked under too far to read. He gave me a verbable warning and let me go. First time I've ever been pulled on a bike. He was cool about the whole thing, even laughed about it, saying "you know you can't do that" (and with the police behind you) - I didn't see a cop behind me at night in the pitch dark, jeez. It took him 5 miles to catch up with me cause I was juicing it at the lights and left him back in traffic, haha.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yea!! everyone wins no tixie! Yikes 300 and 3 points . You were very respectful. smart!
That camera idea is good.

It's a bother for you but once he saw you were on top of it he was cool. Doing his work and let you go first with the green!!

No filtering here , we will get nailed for filtering here and other drivers get really, really nasty about.

When I get pulled over on bike or car I figure they get a chance to check for drinking and it gives them a chance to check for warrants. If it gets one drunk off the road then far out! But it is a bother. NOW if they pull you over like the did a couple of months ago and told TR he was going fast when passing we just laughed... Sir we were the ones being passed..haha he was embarassed. Then I get irked!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.