Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like your all rounder/season jacket? Im looking for a jacket i can wear most days to commute to work in all weather so i dont have to stop and put on my wet weather gear if it rains unexpectedly...

Please tell me what jacket you use pros and cons and how much it cost you. Where to buy for delivery to sydney would be helpful too.

Fire away... thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hey Ediot, get yourself a copy of the latest Australian Motor Cycle mag with the new MV Augusta F4 on the cover. Inside is a copy of Dri-riders new 2011 range. There are some surprisingly cheap products in there considering the brand name.

Sorry, but I can't contribute to this subject except for the above, as I only have a leather jacket!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
A question for you "Mericans"!, Is Dririder available in the States? I just done a search online, and everylink comes up with Australian sites.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
So you can't find anybody that stocks it there?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
No Zandit, it's not carried in any store I know of... But I was very jealous of Felix's setup.... :D

I have a Hot Leathers some sort or other leather jacket, and an Icon TiMax jacket. Both have vents. Both are good in the hot or cold, although I'm starting to think the TiMax is warmer in the cold than the Hot Leathers.... That's all I can offer... :D

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
nice jacket delta!

i have my Master V jacket which i guess could be an all rounder....but its more touring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Zandit. I picked myself up a copy of the magazine with the MV on front. But no catalogue inside?

Is it part of the magazine or is it a lift out? - Someone must have taken my one out....

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Bugger!! It was inside the magazine!! Where did you pick it up from? Maybe they have them under the counter to stop theft!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was quite late at night when I went to grab a copy. Got it from my local coles.

Damn, must have been a lift out under the shelf. I had a feeling that was going to happen. So I flicked through the mag and saw a few jackets being advertised and thought that may have been it and didn't bother looking under the shelf just in case.

Oh well, ignorance doesn't pay.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Just Jump on Dririders website, the catalogue is available there anyway!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Need your opinions guys.

I want a leather jacket (dainese new delmar). BUT I mainly use my bike to commute to work takes me 1.5hrs there and another 1.5hrs back 5 days a week. My main concern is during wet weather or really cold days. Summer time leather jacket would suit just fine.

Would it be best to just get one of the climate control jackets instead so its more convenient all year round? How do these jackets hold up in a crash or OFF. I know the leathers would be a much better protection.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Your best bet would be to go to a store and try some on.... Or shop used gear - not sure what the market is like in Australia, but here people are always selling their older gear.... I say this because it seems you're trying to stay on the budget side with buying just one jacket.... I personally like having a jacket for summer and winter...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Leather is the best in case of an off, but the textile stuff has all the nessesary armour etc, just wont last as well as the leather. The textile jackets normally have a removable liner so they can be used in summer and also alot of them have pop open vents for the warmer days.
I am looking at the DriRider Speed jacket, but I'm worried it may be too short and let in a draft!

·
Banned
1 Posts
I am jon athan from California, USA> I am very fond of leather cloths specially about leather jackets. I have recently bought two leather jackets from leather orbit. The quality of their leather outfits is very nice and i will buy some more leather cloths from them. Thanks leatherorbit.com.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a Joe Rocket Ballistic 11.0 jacket this spring. So far I love it, removable rain liner, warm liner, good pockets, zip up vents, back, shoulder and elbow armour. I've used it in 5C and 25C temps. I commute a lot and ride in all weather day and night so I have the high vis colour. Retail in Canada is $329. I've had a couple of different jackets including a BMW one and so far this is my favourite.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.